Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: If any of you have a need for really good garage lighting, I picked up some LED  (Read 3466 times)

Online fishwidow

• Master Outdoorsman
If anyone has a need for good garage lighting, I picked up some LED garage lights at Costco today. On sale at $29.00 for two. Lights up the garage better than daylight. Directional so you can aim them at workbench or tool areas.
Now I have to figure out how to use all the incandescents I picked up when they were rumored to be discontinued a few years ago.

Offline dakids

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2013 MNO Fishing Challenge Champ!
Anything that is free is worth saving up for.

Online fishwidow

• Master Outdoorsman
Same basic design.  Lenses are oriented at right angles to those. They are 80 watt, 8000 lumens.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman

Online fishwidow

• Master Outdoorsman
Yep, my double garage has always been dim. 4 fixtures in it and even higher wattage incandescent bulbs didn’t seem to help. These guys really make a difference. I have six of them to go in my bigger garage. When I wired that I put in 14 fixtures and it’s reasonably bright, but placing these in the right spots will add lots of light to specific areas. The other 8 spots will be fine with regular 60 or 100 watt incandescents.
« Last Edit: June 06/25/21, 08:17:26 PM by fishwidow »

Offline dakids

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2013 MNO Fishing Challenge Champ!
Anything that is free is worth saving up for.

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
I have 8 of them in the barn and 2 in the garage. They make a big difference.  :happy1:
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I stocked up on regular bulbs too cuz I didn't like those curly type bulbs.  Now I have some fluorescent and 3 incandescent bulbs.  I will try these.  You can never have enough light it seems.   

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
i've often thought of doing something to improve the lighting in the garage, but i've dealt with it for this long decided i can live with what i got. over the years i was given some of these florescent lights, one a double and a single if i need more light i just set them up. 

i switched to the curly lights also because they where supposed to save me money, some where ok.....some just plain sucked. as bulbs burn out i'm changing over to these new LED bulbs!!!!! ii really like these LED bulbs.

when we put the new shed up at the cabin, mom went all LED and she put in the yard lights some new fangled bulb. they work pretty good too. you can leave the switch on, and they automaticlly light when it gets dark. pretty nice when you come in from the lake or woods after dark!!!!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!