Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Chaos in afgan~  (Read 19907 times)

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Such a disgrace what's unfolding in afganistan we all will agree,actually embarrassing....

Rob Oniell nailed it(ex navy seal ,retired after he whacked bin laden)

talking about our folks in charge,he didn't hold back....

Quote:
“Do I have this all right?: Our border is wide open, China’s biological weapon is surging, we closed our pipelines but opened Russia’s, the Taliban is back in charge, we are defunding the police and people with penises are women,” O’Neill said. “What did I miss?”

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
our elected folks at their best.... 
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Well the country asked for it, now they are getting it.

It's a very sad and dangerous place we've gone to.
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Complex problems...

Is the United States the police force of the world.  No.

Can we maintain order in unstable countries and regions of the world indefinitely?  No.

Did we learn anything from Russia when they invaded Afghanistan?  Apparently not.

Should the administration had a better exit strategy to help those Afghan citizens who are loyal to the US and helped our armed forces?  Absolutely.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
All of our lives lost, money invested for 20 years over there...screw 'em.
If ya can't control yer own friggin' country, don't look to others to do it.  :coffee:

De plane, boss! Get on de plane!!!!!! Wait; not on TOP, you fool, it's not a bus!
« Last Edit: August 08/16/21, 02:24:35 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
All of our lives lost, money invested for 20 years over there...screw 'em.
If ya can't control yer own friggin' country, don't look to others to do it.  :coffee:

De plane, boss! Get on de plane!!!!!! Wait; not on TOP, you fool, it's not a bus!

Old habits die hard...   :crazy:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
just read where planes were taking off folks there were hanging on to the landing gear on take off...  they didn't make it...
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
just read where planes were taking off folks there were hanging on to the landing gear on take off...  they didn't make it...

https://www.cnn.com/videos/world/2021/08/16/kabul-clinging-to-airplane-taking-off-tarmac-afghanistan-ward-vpx.cnn

Sure reminds me of the chopper evac from the roof of the US Embassy in Saigon in '75...........
« Last Edit: August 08/16/21, 03:57:16 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
This is a culmination of the last three Presidents I was reading.  It all boils down to what is the last day you are here so we can get back to normal.  We all hate each other over here and the US isn't going to change that.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
And they'll be using it against us in terrorist attacks again on our home soil.
Just watch. Tell me they didn't get some of our Intel files and such left behind.

https://kttc.com/2021/08/16/billions-spent-on-afghan-army-ultimately-benefitted-taliban/

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman

https://www.cnn.com/videos/world/2021/08/16/kabul-clinging-to-airplane-taking-off-tarmac-afghanistan-ward-vpx.cnn

Sure reminds me of the chopper evac from the roof of the US Embassy in Saigon in '75...........

Notice any woman of children running for the planes?  If Afghanistan was the Titanic. Woman would be the last in the life boats! 😒
Cooking over a open fire is all fun and games until someone losses a wiener!

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Just watch. Tell me they didn't get some of our Intel files and such left behind.

https://kttc.com/2021/08/16/billions-spent-on-afghan-army-ultimately-benefitted-taliban/

Well they probably got a billion rounds of ammo, weapons and the training to use them. If  (when) there is another strike here we can bypass the traditional ground troops and just carpet bomb them into submission or extinction. Thats what should have been done in the first place. We learned nothing (or our arrogance ignored it) when the Afghan war bankrupt the Soviet Union. Thats what caused their breakup. Thats also a major, major factor in our national debt thats running in the trillions of dollars.

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
steve-o,that bus pic you posted, ...here I thought the mexicans held the record of how many folks one could get on a vehicle,lol...last time I was in cozmel,an entire family of 7 were on a moped...gotta do what ya gotta do.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
steve-o,that bus pic you posted, ...here I thought the mexicans held the record of how many folks one could get on a vehicle,lol...last time I was in cozmel,an entire family of 7 were on a moped...gotta do what ya gotta do.

You haven't been down to CAWchester on free food day..... :rolleyes:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

Well they probably got a billion rounds of ammo, weapons and the training to use them. If  (when) there is another strike here we can bypass the traditional ground troops and just carpet bomb them into submission or extinction. Thats what should have been done in the first place. We learned nothing (or our arrogance ignored it) when the Afghan war bankrupt the Soviet Union. Thats what caused their breakup. Thats also a major, major factor in our national debt thats running in the trillions of dollars.

We didn't learn a thing from 'nam either.

Hell, we supplied 'em with everything. Shoulda seen the pics of Humvees and armored vehicles lined up in their compounds the other day.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/taliban-seizes-drones-humvees-mraps-b1902308.html
« Last Edit: August 08/17/21, 07:18:06 AM by Rebel SS »

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
A part of the collapse of the military over there that's not getting very much coverage in our media is that their own government wasn't supporting them. They weren't getting paid & many times were sent into battle without any food either. IMO :scratch: that might be part of the reason why the Taliban had it so easy. :doah: :confused:
« Last Edit: August 08/17/21, 10:01:48 AM by Gunner55 »
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Agreed Gunner.  I'm thinking lot of them simply changed sides and are now with the Taliban. 

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
It's a new day and I think being the guardian / protector for all nations has to end. We as a nation need to take care of us. If a bully in another part of the world harms us we need to bloody their nose, not sit them down and pamper them to see the error of their ways. Brute force wins vs a good talking too every time.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Same thing the north Vietnamese did to the south....cut off their supply lines and routes, and terrorized them into doing intel/supplying food  for them, or
their villages were destroyed and US informers were shot. Not much difference with the Taliban Towelheads as I see it. History repeats itself.

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
I am in agreement too that we don't need to be the world police. We were there to long. What is a disgrace though is the way the exit is going. It has turned into a $hit show and the current admin won't admit it.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
i agree, let them fight there own battles, we need to take care of out dirt!!!!!!!!!!!!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
This entire shete show is all on biden,last night biden blamed trump...such a failure,own it biden like our southern border,one disaster after another....

To all my fellow troopers out there that were sent to that  crapHOLE over there, it is NOT your fault. Stay strong!! You did what was asked . you did your duty and  have  honor! Don't join those we already lost. Stay alive and remember them. To those that sent you there and allowed all your efforts and sacrifices to be worthless.....

F......   sad.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I heard Biden say it is all on him.  AND this is the same date of withdrawal that was set by tRump and Biden kept it on that schedule.  The Taliban has been watching and waiting for that date too. 

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
I heard Biden say it is all on him.  AND this is the same date of withdrawal that was set by tRump and Biden kept it on that schedule.  The Taliban has been watching and waiting for that date too.
He tried to blame it on Trump at the beginning of his speech. What Obiden did say that made sense is that he did not want to hand this down to a 5th president. Whether the mess would have been the same under Trump. Who knows  :confused:.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
IMO, this sheetshow would of happened regardless of who was the prez.........no need to blame anyone. like i said earlier.........its time we mind our own business.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
He tried to blame it on Trump at the beginning of his speech. What Obiden did say that made sense is that he did not want to hand this down to a 5th president. Whether the mess would have been the same under Trump. Who knows  :confused:.
thats all them dumazz politicians do nowadays...........blame everything on the other party..........pretty disgusting if ya ask me!!!!!!!!

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
This whole blaming Biden / Trump has got to stop. As long as people think one or the other were to blame everything remains status quo with the parties blaming each other. Both parties are to blame and the only way out of the mess is to fire both parties. We all know it, but nobody will say it.