Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Selling firearm  (Read 211 times)

Offline Pulleye16

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Anyone sell a firearm recently? I’ve never sold one and never thought I would but have a .308 I want to sell and pick up a 300wm. I thought about a cabelas swap as they have the gun I want but heard they’ll dish out around 70% of its value. Was thinking maybe stock and barrel here in the
Metro but, like I said, never sold a firearm before. Private party? Seems like a headache but is 30% worth it???  :confused:

Savage 10 BA Stealth in .308. I see retail is around $1099. Less than two box of rounds through it but I don’t think that matters. Oh, And it also missed an elk at 250-300 yards broadside in MT this past fall!  It was 100% the gun and not the shooter!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Anyways, where does one get a halfway descent price for a gun?

Thought I’d throw a MT pre-hunt glassing pic in flip flops around 11,000 elevation. And hellz yeah that’s a coors light!

« Last Edit: April 04/28/24, 07:12:04 PM by Pulleye16 »
2023 Boar's Big Deer Contest Winner

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
Ya wanna sell the gun but blame the gun dor a bad shot  :rotflmao:
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
I think a 30% is a fair penance to suffer for the sin of missing the shot. :bonk:

I'd call around to other gun shops to see what their consignment rate is, if you have time for your gun to sit on their shelf till it sells.  Otherwise if they buy it outright, you'll get a wholesale price.

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
I traded a gun once. Scheels did much better than Cabelas. This was about 20 years ago.

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
I have never sold a gun. Just buy more. You could look into GunBroker?? I know people list them for sale on there. I would just keep that one and buy another myself. Can never have to many.  ;)
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline MN RACK ATTACK

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
2020 Big Buck Slayer

Offline Pulleye16

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
LOL  the gun is actually really nice BUT...it's not what I want. I wanted a precision rifle for a long time, but it was more of a "want" then a need. It's fairly heavy at 9lbs so hauling it around a mountain wasn't very fun. I've contemplated keeping it, but I really don't have the need or future need. My 30-06 will do mostly what the 308 will do so I want a big azz 300wm to knock down an elk in it's tracks!
2023 Boar's Big Deer Contest Winner

Offline tangle tooth

• Master Outdoorsman
      I've never bought a gun from Ahlman's in Morristown but I hear they're pretty decent. I have drooled a few times there, though.
I wonder. Does Darth Vader have a sister named Ella? Bet she has her ups and downs.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I had a gun repaired there when I lived in Stillwater.  That was 30 years ago. Here the gunsmith turned out to be my next door neighbor here on the river years later.  What a cool place!!

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
      I've never bought a gun from Ahlman's in Morristown but I hear they're pretty decent. I have drooled a few times there, though.
Maybe Ahlman's will deal on their used stuff, but if you look a the sticker price, its seemed pretty high to me.  I have no idea what that would imply in terms of them buying used guns or selling yours on commission.

I do have a few I need to move and I'll probably end up doing a consignment sale with https://arnzenarms.com/our-store.  They take 15%.

You might also want to check out this item for sale on their website... TIPPMAN ARMORY 9MM GATLING GUN

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
I had a gun repaired there when I lived in Stillwater.  That was 30 years ago. Here the gunsmith turned out to be my next door neighbor here on the river years later.  What a cool place!!
However, they DO have the good gunsmiths down there. 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
i keep procrastinating also about thinning out the gun cabinet...............but never seem to do it?????? :scratch:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
I thinned a couple out, gave them to the son...   and he doesn't sell either.... 
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I've been getting rid of stuff too.