Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: 2024 Fishing Contest  (Read 320 times)

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
2024 MNO Fishing Contest Rules

Rules are:

1. Must be an active member of MNO.  Residents of Minnesota and surrounding states are encouraged to join MNO so you can enter the contest.

2. You will need ten posts by May 11th 2024

3. Contest runs from Saturday, May 11th 2024, till Thursday, Oct. 31st at midnight.

4. This contest is a single person contest in 4 categories, with prizes only awarded for 1st place. You will be asked to submit the longest fish in four species categories. 1. Bass (either smallmouth or largemouth), 2. Walleye or Sauger, 3. Northern Pike, 4. Panfish (Crappie, Sunfish or Perch)

EXAMPLE: The highest length will win in each category in the contest. The tie breaker is the fish that is posted first.

5. All fish must be photographed along side a clearly visible outstretched tape measure or fish board and must include the staple item. This years staple item will be announced a few days before the contest begins.

5.a The entire fish must be in the picture and it is important that the nose of fish is up against the edge of the tape or fish measuring board. Any one of three judges will look at the submitted picture and give it thumbs up. That means the fish has been scored. Fish pictures must be posted by the last day of the contest; no late or early entries will count. There is no deduction for open mouth.  All rulings are final; please post your best photo for judging.

5.b Please review your photo's before posting. A judge may ask for a different photo if the one that was posted has been disqualified. Again, all rulings are final.

6.  When you post your fish, please make no comments in the scoring thread, with a six month long fishing contest there will be a lot of fish for the judges to track and a lot of posts to go through.

6.a You must post a legal fish to qualify for any prizes. Judges will track the largest fish for each individual member.  Posted fish must meet the minimum.

7. Photos must be posted in the official thread; this thread will be for the posting of fish only.  Please no trash talk in the official photo posting thread. Please post your remarks in the smack down thread.

8. All local and State fishing rules must be adhered to in the catching of fish, Smallmouth Bass must be in season. No illegal means of harvesting will be accepted. Catch and release rules/seasons are OK for the contest. Bass cannot be posted unless they are in season where you caught them.

9. All members who want to participate must sign up by Midnight, Friday, May 11th, 2024.

10. There will be a minimum size for your fish to be entered. Bass will need to be 12" or larger, Walleye or Sauger 15" or larger, Northern Pike 20" or larger, Panfish 8" or larger. Fish will be measured to the nearest ¼ inch down and upgrades may be made in ¼ inch units. (Example a walleye at 21 and 3/8 will be scored as 21 and ¼) There is no limit to how many times you can upgrade your catch. Remember that your largest fish in each category will determine your final entry length.

11. Prizes will be awarded to the 1st place member. Prizes will be determined by the donated prizes that we receive. Prizes need to be claimed with in thirty days of drawing. After thirty days if not claimed they will be rolled into the next contest.

12. Winners must PM their sight name and actual name & mailing address to the prize distributor contact before Saturday, November 30th. After that date all unclaimed prizes will be forfeited and rolled over into next years contest.

Good luck, and keep your lines tight!
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Darn tootin.. I'm in!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Conservative on some things...Liberal on others."
I'm in again. :happy1:
Conservative on some things.....Liberal on others.....Sane most of the time.

Only the best Packers get to be Vikings.

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Fun stuff,  I'm in!!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline fishingstar

• Outdoorsman

Offline birdswacker

• Xtreme Outdoorsman

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
Not much for competition. Ill have to think about it............ok why not yaaaaawn im in
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
You bet I'm in.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline Jrasmussen

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
I always forget to take pics let alone remember to do it with a control item. However what the heck I'm in.  Glenn did you read the minimum sizes listed, that means your fish need to be bigger than that.   ;) :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Ok, I'll give it a go. Thanks
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Please put me in too. :happy1:
mm

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman

Online dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
I'll sign up. I won't be posting any rough fish (Walleye) pictures.  ;)
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Offline Scenic

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline dakids

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2013 MNO Fishing Challenge Champ!
In it to win it!!!
Anything that is free is worth saving up for.

Offline prosupermag

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
  • 2013 DDS Multi Species Side Bet Challenge Winner
Almost forgot to sign up this year .

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Where does one put da fish pics? I gots one that'll take Glenn otta the running!! Lol.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Where does one put da fish pics? I gots one that'll take Glenn otta the running!! Lol.
:crazy: :crazy: :bonk: :surrender: :doofus:

read rule #7!!!!!!!!! :confused: :sleazy: :rotflmao:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
it doesn't say where the thread is....
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
it doesn't say where the thread is....
:confused: :bs: :surrender:

#7........ Photos must be in official thread..THIS THREAD IS FOR POSTING FISH ONLY!!!!   pleas no trash talk.......

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Official photo posting thread... :crazy: :crazy: :doofus:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Official photo posting thread... :crazy: :crazy: :doofus:
i'm not running this contest.........BUT.....thats what rule #7 says!!!!!!!! in my interpitation!!!!!!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!