Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Whatchya smokin  (Read 104247 times)

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Leftovers make a great sandwich too.  good luck.

you are so correct there!!!  thanks guys!!!
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
well my smoked meat loaf came out very good tasting!!!  will do the bacon wrap again...  but the cheese leaked out and I figure it is operator error, I think I didn't get it sealed good enough...  oh well!!

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
Mike next time try high temp cheese and that won't happen.  regular cheese just melts out.  good luck.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Mike next time try high temp cheese and that won't happen.  regular cheese just melts out.  good luck.

I know where to get some so I will...  thanks!!!

can that be purchased in block form or is it always cut up???   never seen block style before is why I ask... 
« Last Edit: April 04/12/20, 06:45:36 PM by mike89 »

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
I have seen it in block form.  We get it in shredded form frozen.  Like little cubes ready to go.  good luck.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
that's all I have even seen too...  thanks Rh!!!  will have to buy a bag I guess.. 

Online Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman
Little dinner snack.
Dry rub smoked hot wings! 
Didn't even need the Tabasco.  :happy1:
Cooking over a open fire is all fun and games until someone losses a wiener!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Pretty selfish ain't ya. :rotflmao: screw stay at home. :rotflmao:

:happy1: looks awesome.
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
looks good Leech!!!    :happy1:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
You ain't gonna eat ALL that are ya, ya 🐷 ? :rotflmao: 

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Looks great!  I have a bag of wings I need to cook up too.

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
Doing a batch of bacon cheeseburger breast this weekend, gonnankeepmhalf  fresh and smoke the other half
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
Look tasty Leech.  Haven't done wings in the smoker yet.  Did you need to crispen them up a bit in the oven after smoking?  good luck.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I wondered that too RH.  Looks like a fun way to smoke wings.  I like the dry rub idea too.

Offline Cooperman

• Master Outdoorsman
Long day yesterday. Smoked a 10lb pork butt. Turned out great!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
looks darn good!!! 

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
looks darn good!!!

Stop posting one second before I do!!! :taz:   :rotflmao:

Great job, Coop!    :hubba:

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
Did a small brisket flat about 3 1/2 pounds.  rubbed it with mustard and put some Montreal steak rub on it.  The mustard is the glue that holds the seasoning on the meat.  Put it in the smoker at 250.  Spritzed it with apple juice and brandy.  Sprayed my mouth a couple of times with that in case a virus was around.  Pulled it at 180 internal and then cut it into cubes.  Put the cubes in a aluminum pan with some sweet heat BBQ sauce on them.  Put foil on top and back in the smoker until tender as a butchers heart.  Good stuff.  good luck.

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
looking good rh, I've done pork belly burnt ends but not brisket,  you make it look easy!! :happy1: Gonna hafta give it a go!!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
I might have to buy a brisket and try that too!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I have always wanted to try brisket too.  So how long did that all take RH?  Did you leave it at 250 when you put the chunks back in?

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
Took me about 6 hours to get it too 180 but I put it in cold.  Normally I let it set on the counter till room temp.  Did a 14 pound whole packer brisket once that took 18 hours.  So plan early.  Yes I left it at 250 with the cut chunks and sauce.  The time should be a ball park figure because smokers are different,  do they have consistent temps, weather outside ect.  Brisket is a low and slow process for sure but worth it.  good luck.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
I see one store has them on sale for $2.99 a pound..  says it is whole brisket too.. will be checking it out tomorrow!!! 

Offline Cooperman

• Master Outdoorsman
Took me about 6 hours to get it too 180 but I put it in cold.  Normally I let it set on the counter till room temp.  Did a 14 pound whole packer brisket once that took 18 hours.  So plan early.  Yes I left it at 250 with the cut chunks and sauce.  The time should be a ball park figure because smokers are different,  do they have consistent temps, weather outside ect.  Brisket is a low and slow process for sure but worth it.  good luck.
When I do a whole packer brisket, which isn’t to often, it goes in the smoker in the evening before I go to bed. It’s a big slab of meat and takes along time to cook.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
When I do a whole packer brisket, which isn’t to often, it goes in the smoker in the evening before I go to bed. It’s a big slab of meat and takes along time to cook.

what temp do you set your smoker at when ya do that???  thanks!!

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
Yep Cooper that is best with a whole packer brisket.  First time I did one I started in the morning and went into the night.  So didn't get to eat some of the brisket that night.  That was a few years ago.  Didn't ask anyone and just went on my own.  That's how you learn I guess by mistakes.  good luck.

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
I did it at 250 Mike.  good luck.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
thanks Rh!!  is that $2.99 a good price, I think so...

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Just went and stocked up on ribs.  I did wear gloves and a mask.  A few others were too.  Mainly the over 60 crowd wore them.  I got 6 racks of some real nice looking spares and 5 racks of extra meaty baby backs.  Also got a 10 lb tube of their burger.  Should be good for awhile.  They said beef and pork at going up in price. 

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
2.99 is a damn good price for a brisket flat.  That's what I paid for the two I have.  They were close dated and that's why I got the deal.  Normally the trimed flats are 5.99 at the Cubs that have them but I"m sure Cosco has them cheaper and bigger [flats].  Your set LPS.  good luck.