Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: PHOTO CONTEST  (Read 10760 times)

Offline Don Stenseth

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
    • Don Stenseth's Wildlife Photos
Thank you to all who entered! I enjoyed looking at the photos. I have decided that the winner is Lee Borgersen with his "One last cast" image. It is a beautiful photo that really made me want to step right into the scene. Lee, Will you please email or PM your address to me and I will send your prize out UPS. Girlguide, I was going to pick you but after checking on the cost to UPS you an Ambulance I had to disqualify you. LOL. Once again, Thanks to all who entered.
Don Stenseth's Wildlife Photos

www.sitekreator.com/donstenseth

Offline GirlGuide

• Master Outdoorsman
  • (aka ~gg)
GREAT choice Don!!! I'm sure it was hard to choose, as there were a lot of really good photo's.  I also really loved Deadeye's photo of the farmhouse with the double rainbow.  There were so many good pictures to choose from!!  But Lee's "one last cast" photo was an excellent choice, and a great picture!!  Thanks to all of you who entered, this was a really fun contest and a great idea by Don....EVEN THOUGH...he didn't choose me!!  :banghead:  Just Kidding!!! ;) He know's I'm totally joking and I just liked adding a little humor to this thread...ALTHOUGH, I wasn't joking about needing another first aid kit!!  I could use one in each room of my house!!

Anyway, a big thankyou to Don for the contest and the donation of the first aid kit!! :happy1:

Also, Congratulation to SMG (LEE)!!!  Awesome photo you entered!!  :toast:
~gg

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
I have to agree, it is a great picture.   :dancinred:

***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2008-2011-2018-2019 2020 Fish Challenge Champ!
    • Lee's Lake Geneva Guide Service
Thanks Don, It was a fun contest.

It's the fun things like Don's contest, the fishing contest' and other stuff that folks come up with are what make this site unique and fun. Let's keep those ideas coming in. We may not have the biggest site around, but we've got the best group of folks around.

I wish I Knew how to get in touch with the guy that was in the photo. I told his dad I was going to put it on my Lee's Boundary Waters Adventures page and title it "One Last Cast".

He said that fit's his son to a tee. He was fishing with a fly rod off the dock at La' Tourell's on Moose Lake 20 miles N/E of Ely MN. where we stayed.

The double rainbow and Indiana Jones with the bug cage were outstanding shots along with so many others.

gg's bug cage shot is a classic and needs to be saved in a frame and shown to your son's future wife some day

SMG
« Last Edit: August 08/19/08, 09:12:04 AM by Lee Borgersen »
Proud Member of the CWCS.
http://www.cwcs.org

Member of Walleyes For Tomorrow.
www.walleyesfortomorrow.org

Many BWCA Reports
http://leeslakegenevaguideservice.com/boundry_%2712.htm

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

Offline Grute Man

• Master Outdoorsman
  • White Bear Lake
Congrats SMG.  I couldn't agreee more.  When I showed those pics to my wife and kids, that one did get some cool reactions from them all.
If ya don't know where ya are, go back to da beginnin.

Offline Don Stenseth

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
    • Don Stenseth's Wildlife Photos
Package will go out UPS this afternoon.
Don Stenseth's Wildlife Photos

www.sitekreator.com/donstenseth

Offline Randy Kaar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Randy aka bh
Congrats Lee!  nice pic!

randy
Voted #1 Outdoors Website in MN ( www.mnoutdoorsman.com )!
bonehead149@yahoo.com
bonehead@mnoutdoorsman.com

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2008-2011-2018-2019 2020 Fish Challenge Champ!
    • Lee's Lake Geneva Guide Service
Thanks once again thanks to Don for the first aid kit. It came UPS yesterday.
« Last Edit: August 08/22/08, 07:47:56 AM by Lee Borgersen »
Proud Member of the CWCS.
http://www.cwcs.org

Member of Walleyes For Tomorrow.
www.walleyesfortomorrow.org

Many BWCA Reports
http://leeslakegenevaguideservice.com/boundry_%2712.htm

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

Offline GirlGuide

• Master Outdoorsman
  • (aka ~gg)
Thanks once again thanks to Don for the first aid kit. It came UPS yesterday.

...Could I maybe borrow a bandaid or two.............  :whistling:

~gg

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
GG,
Those photos you posted look like they came from a police evidence room. :rotflmao:
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline GirlGuide

• Master Outdoorsman
  • (aka ~gg)
....and just think, those pictures I posted were only from this last year!!  Imagine what I have stocked up from the last 8 years!! :bonk:  I tell you what though, I get pretty good treatment now up at "urgent care" since they know me so well!  I think they worry about me if they don't see me every couple of weeks! :party1:

~gg

Offline Grute Man

• Master Outdoorsman
  • White Bear Lake
Well Im glad you're not getting all banged up again.  Ya had me skeered there for a minute.
If ya don't know where ya are, go back to da beginnin.

Offline GirlGuide

• Master Outdoorsman
  • (aka ~gg)
Well Im glad you're not getting all banged up again.  Ya had me skeered there for a minute.

LOL Grute!!  No, I've been "just about" 100% good for almost a year now!! :happy1: ....Now, it's usually just the kids that bring up to urgent care, so things are lookin' up!!  :rotflmao:

~gg