Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Sporting Clay Fun Shoot  (Read 23201 times)

Offline repoman

• Master Outdoorsman
  • take the shot
sorry i dident make it  :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Offline Cody Gruchow

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2016 Mno rockbass challenge champion
yeah, there was a great turn-out, im sure everyone had a good time, weather was a little rough but it didnt dampen anyone's spirits. i had my camera with but it wasnt working right. great food and even better people, i hope to do this again :toast: :happy1:

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Yep, I didn't make it either........I was trying to shift my work load to make it!

But, we had that storm run through..........and I'm still working on the clean up...  :cry:

Maybe next time!

Hunter
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline huntr42

• Outdoorsman
what a wonderful afternoon,all you people who didnt make it...naner naner naner!. a great group of people who didnt even laugh (much) at my shooting.lets do it again

Offline Cody Gruchow

• Master Outdoorsman
maybe next time we will go chase some pheasants. :toast:

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Yes, it was a great time.  My son and I enjoyed meeting a bunch of fellow MNO'ers.  It was a little scary on the way home.  They had the roads blocked with numerous fire and rescue trucks driving around.  I drove past many down trees and damaged buildings on the way home.  Things looked better when I got a mile from home.  The Big Lake tornado whent through about two miles from my house.   It was quite a releif to see no damage at my home.
Thanks again Cody for organizing the event.
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline thunderpout

• Master Outdoorsman
Yep... thanx Cody & everyone else who made it!  It was rainin on the way up there in the morning, so I was thinkin nobody would show!  I think we got lucky actually weather wise considering the sirens went off three times... my gun barely got wet...all good!  Im glad Ya guys had a good time and I thought the guys I shot with shot very well considering no one had shot sporting clays before! :bow:  Im hoping we got a few of ya guys hooked cause Cody and I need to fill some holes on our league team next year....  But yeah, Thanx Cody for setting that up, it was fun & Its great introducing the sport to people, & Chris & Debbie appreciated it also Im sure.... We definately gotta do this again...  and get even more MNO folks to make it... I know there's more than 12 shotgun toteing people in this crowd! ;) Thanx again everyone!

Offline Cody Gruchow

• Master Outdoorsman
your welcome, yeah don and i got re-routed off county road 11 because of i think downed trees, there were a bunch of them everywere a peice of one guys shed was in the road that i saw, and also some guys would was flipped over on its side in his back yard. im glad no one got hurt. we have to do it again from the sounds of it just about everyone is up for it, but with hunting season is around the corner. anyone here against hunting at game farms?

Offline huntr42

• Outdoorsman
well Cody as a rule I dont hunt game farms,however I would be willing to bring babe up for anyone who doesnt bring a pooch,unlike me she doesnt care if roosters are wild or tame and Im sure she wouldnt mind pointing a few for the members,Im not cutting down game farms just personal preference :fudd:

Offline Cody Gruchow

• Master Outdoorsman
well i prefer wild birds as well, but i dont really have to many options for pheasants, the public land around here gets hit pretty hard.

Offline huntr42

• Outdoorsman
I understand,again Im not cutting down game farm hunting it just that I do have some access to wild birds so Im a bit spoiled.tell you what why dont you come up one day this fall and Ill take you out pheasant hunting,kind of a thanks for setting up the sporting clays

Offline Grute Man

• Master Outdoorsman
  • White Bear Lake
I got no problem with the game farms.  I've only been out pheasant hunting twice and only kicked up one rooster in those 2 trip so some game farm experience would do me some good learnin.  My boys haven't done it at all so they would learn a lot too.

There was some talk about a youth pheasant hunt in another thread.  I'll have to  :bump: that one again.
If ya don't know where ya are, go back to da beginnin.

Offline outdoorsman388

• Outdoorsman
ya thanx alot cody. had a great time. and your right it is addicting. i would really enjoy doing it again. i'm not against game farms and enjoy doing that also. my brother in law has been phesant hunt for years, and now he perfers the farms. alot less money than heading to s.d. or iowa. i was really great to meet all of you. i don't remember half your names, but i can't remember a name to save my life. i never forget a face though. hope to see you all again real soon. thanx again. scott :woot:
NOTICE: Due to the rising cost of ammunition, I will no longer be firing warning shots!

Offline Cody Gruchow

• Master Outdoorsman
hunter42- i would like that, what part of the state? ill bring my dog also.

yea scott i hear ya, i aint so good with names either, well let me figure out when work is gonna loosen its hold on me for a day or 2 and ill let everyone know and we can go from there.

Offline Roosterslayer

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Yeah I had a great time at the shoot. I wish I would have stayed longer especially for lunch. But my wife told me about the bad weather and told me to get my arse home. Well as I was driving down county rd 11, and come out the back side of the storm I can see debris in the air and think ohh.... well you all probably know. I am also a reserve officer for the Big Lake PD and was on teh phone with dispatch advising them of the possible tornado since i couldn't actually see it, path, and damage I was finding. I have to say it turned out to be interesting. Now for the sporting clays, I will definately be back there again this year shooting and have already talked the wifey into letting me be a member out there.

Offline huntr42

• Outdoorsman
cody
  I live by a lil town called brooten,its about 30 miles so of alexandria

Offline Cody Gruchow

• Master Outdoorsman
ah ok, i visit the clitheral battle lake area alot.