Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Otter?  (Read 2052 times)

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
What's the best way to trap an otter?

Every winter, I have otters that come to my pond.
The pond is airiated cause there are fish in it, so it makes easy pick'ins for them little raskells.
You can tell by the tracks "slides" in the snow that they are otters.

How do I get rid of them?

Hunter
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline Mayfly

• Master Outdoorsman
    • MNO
A deer stand and a 22...... Or talk to Griz, i'm sure he has the remedy.

Offline trout whisperer

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
depends on where you live with respect to legal trapping seasons for otters.......shootin is not allowed.....and all otters need to be legally registered and tagged......trapping otters is really very easy........220 conn-bear style trap is simple and effective......tw
trout whisperer author/guide

Offline GRIZ

• Master Outdoorsman
TW pretty much said it. Find a trail or pinch point and set a coni in there.
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first."
~Thomas Jefferson

Offline Super Star!

• Master Outdoorsman
    • www.skinsandfinstaxidermy.com
HD

if your good try snaring one..  otters move around a lot seams like 9 times outa 10 for me when i set up a area that looks to be used by them they are already gone or move out. i have my best luck catching them in small streams they use to travel from pond to pond. also catch some in beaver runs. i have snared one in my life it was with a 62 inch snare and that will be the last time i try to snare one.  (things can move quick)