Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: woodchucks in NH  (Read 1973 times)

Offline toddaubertin

Hi folks. Been a member for 10 minutes or so.
Situation; Woodchucks are making a come back in this area in a big way. I've shot a few to protect my garden. Now I 'd like some info on eating them. Gutting in particular. Or if they are even worth harvesting with food in mind. Any thoughts? Thanks in advance. T.

Offline Randy Kaar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Randy aka bh
Welcome to the site! Never heard of anyone eating them.

randy
Voted #1 Outdoors Website in MN ( www.mnoutdoorsman.com )!
bonehead149@yahoo.com
bonehead@mnoutdoorsman.com

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Here's a couple recipes for woodchucks (ground hogs)

I have tried them with coons and were good...........

Hunter
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline GRIZ

• Master Outdoorsman
I have ate just about every critter out there from pickled pocket gopher to skunk stew, coon, muskrat and beaver. That is one critter I havn't tried, but have heard they can be good. Give it a whirl and let me know how they taste. We don't have a lot around here.
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first."
~Thomas Jefferson