Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Decoy?  (Read 1553 times)

Offline 22lex

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Photo-op
Can you use a deer decoy during any of the MN gun seasons?

Currently having a debate on this subject, and maybe someone on here knows if there is a rule against/for decoys during a gun season in MN.
Marry an outdoors woman. Then if you throw her out into the yard on a cold night, she can still survive.
-WC Fields

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Dunno if there are rules on it....
But the neighbor used one during rifle season, it had a blaze orange jacket on it so it, or he, didn't get shot.
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline 22lex

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Photo-op
There aren't any rules against it that I have found, just second or third hand knowledge saying it was illegal. I personally have used them during the gun seasons, but have always put a orange hat on 'em.
Marry an outdoors woman. Then if you throw her out into the yard on a cold night, she can still survive.
-WC Fields

Offline Moving2thecountry

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
I was thinking about getting some friends together, setting up a replica, and filming road shooters who try to poach it, then posting it on youtube.  Would be funny.  Vigilante candid camera.

Offline 22lex

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Photo-op
I had one set up about 400 hundred yards off the road on a low spot in a picked cornfield a few years back. Put the old orange hat on it, located myself way off to the side in case someone was to come up over the hill and take a poke at it, and waited.

Thought I was the only person who could see it, but soon found out that I wasn't as every single road hunter that drove by took their time, and some even stopped and got out and used their bino's. Funny, but sure annoying after a while.
-WC Fields

Offline HUNTER2

• Master Outdoorsman
I have never seen any rules saying you cant use them. I'm guessing when they made the rules they didn't have any you could buy. It is fun watching the deer around them.
HUNT & FISH TELL YA DROP
I.B.O.T.'s 249 & 250
 Handle every stressful situation like a dog.  If
                        you can't eat it or hump it.

Piss on it and walk away