Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: A day on the lake with Fawkinnae.  (Read 1635 times)

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
Well it starts out with him being late.  But he sure makes up for that in many ways.  The first lake we hit only produced on small slimmer (something HD would call a trophy).  Then we hit the lake I fished opener.  I know Lee posted the direction to a great sandwich, but I tell you what........the sandwich Fawk threw together had to be the best sandwich I've eaten in a long time (Please post what was on that thing).  We barely started fishing and Fawk ripped into a nice walleye.  10-15 minutes later I bust into one (thinking who it's going to be a fantastic day).  Then the hours pass and every time Fawk would say something like "this usually triggers a bite" I would catch a fish (he should have said it more often).  However a good guide would have put us on more fish anyway.  The company and stories shared were priceless.  I could never have asked for a better fishing partner.  However I have never seen a guy change lures as often as he did.  ;D  I feel honored to know Fawkinnae and would be proud to fish with him anytime.  Maybe if you whisper sweet nothings in his ear he will post some of the pics from our adventure (he already posted one :happy1:) .

P.S. His boat backing skills are second to none.  He could parallel park  a semi in a one car garage.   :happy1:
Eastwood v. Wayne Challenge Winner 2011

The Boogie Man may check his closet for John Wayne but John Wayne checks under his bed for Clint Eastwood

Offline Randy Kaar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Randy aka bh
I met him at the Peltier GTG and he was a guy I would like to fish with! I bet it was a blast fishing with him!

randy
Voted #1 Outdoors Website in MN ( www.mnoutdoorsman.com )!
bonehead149@yahoo.com
bonehead@mnoutdoorsman.com

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2008-2011-2018-2019 2020 Fish Challenge Champ!
    • Lee's Lake Geneva Guide Service
Sure, there you go again trying to get the jump on Doug's posting. Now he can't give us the real scoop about you because you showered him with complements. Here many of us wanted to know if you were a PITB (pain in the boat).

Actually I'm just jealous since I'd look forward to fishing both of you guys along with many others on this site any time. This is what I'd consider another MNO success story with folks meeting on the site and actually getting to spend some in person quality time together on the water.

So, were you guys playing hooky from work? :whistling:
Proud Member of the CWCS.
http://www.cwcs.org

Member of Walleyes For Tomorrow.
www.walleyesfortomorrow.org

Many BWCA Reports
http://leeslakegenevaguideservice.com/boundry_%2712.htm

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

Offline Fawkinnae

• Executive Director
  • Master Outdoorsman
    • Fawkinnae Sportsman's Club T-Shirts

So, were you guys playing hooky from work? :whistling:

Are you kidding. Yes I was, but the General was easily able to run our trip - operate the boat - look away as I tried to back his trailer onto the ramp - easily manage a couple hundred employees from afar - tell me about every lake in the two or three counties we were in. Yup doing just what you'd expect a general to do. Yeah I was pretty happy to be where I was on Monday..

Sandwich - white bread, smoked turkey, cheddar cheese, mustard, mayo, ton of pickles, horseradish

And truly every time I said - This usually triggers a bite - because I was fiddling around with something - BAM the General gets a fish. Pretty funny.

I had a blast and we will for sure get together again this summer. By the way is that a muskie?

[attachment deleted by admin]
Fawkinnae Sportsman's Club T-Shirts
Unique fishing, hunting, drinking and motorcycle t-shirts, caps, bumper stickers and more.
http://www.fawkinnae.com/
Find me on Facebook - http://tinyurl.com/6k5tkvv

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Gen.....you gotta hold the fish REAL close to the camera....it makes um look bigger!  :rotflmao:
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2008-2011-2018-2019 2020 Fish Challenge Champ!
    • Lee's Lake Geneva Guide Service
 :blablabla: Come on you guys. That can't be The General holding the fish. The General is a crusty old guy with an army helmet and a white mustache. "You can fool some of the people some of the time, but you can't fool Lee any of the time."

I just don't see the resemblance: :bs:

[attachment deleted by admin]
Proud Member of the CWCS.
http://www.cwcs.org

Member of Walleyes For Tomorrow.
www.walleyesfortomorrow.org

Many BWCA Reports
http://leeslakegenevaguideservice.com/boundry_%2712.htm

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
Gen.....you gotta hold the fish REAL close to the camera....it makes um look bigger!  :rotflmao:

It takes skills to catch fish that big.   :rotflmao:

I can't even believe that thing thought about eating that size lure.  Stupid Northern/Muskie what ever it is.
Eastwood v. Wayne Challenge Winner 2011

The Boogie Man may check his closet for John Wayne but John Wayne checks under his bed for Clint Eastwood