Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: seeder  (Read 3207 times)

Offline beeker

• Master Outdoorsman
christmas is coming.. instead of sowing by hand I wanted to get a seeder for the wheeler.. any suggestions? I'm looking for a seeder for the food plot that can spread seed and fertilizer.. any suggestions?
If science fiction has taught me anything, it's that you can never have enough guns and ammo when the zombies come back to life... "WS"

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
You can get a pull behind broadcaster from the feed mills or co-op.
They work pretty well and are reasonable in price.
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline beeker

• Master Outdoorsman
do they handle the small seeds? turnip/clover?
If science fiction has taught me anything, it's that you can never have enough guns and ammo when the zombies come back to life... "WS"

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
They can, the opening is adjustable...but you have to be carefull.

I use a bag hand crank thrower for the smaller seeds, you get better control.
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline beeker

• Master Outdoorsman
I think I'll get one that mounts on the wheeler so I can drag and seed at the same time. I got big plans for food plots next year.   I'll have to watch and see if any place clearances out some weed killer this winter so I can napalm a few areas in the spring

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
We bought one from Moultrie a couple years ago.   It attaches to the back wheeler rack and is powered from the 12 volt starter battery.  It works great for large plots.  We mix the seed with fertilizer to help get an even distribution of seed.  A couple 5 gallon pails work well for this if you do it just prior to spreading to avoid having the seed settle to the bottom.  We got the 50 pound capacity one for around $120.  The make a bigger one for around $300 but I can't imagine needing one that big.  I also use ours for my lawn.

Get the most out of your ATV and your food plot with our ATV Food Plot Spreader. The ATV Food Plot Spreader is an ATV spreader especially designed for planting and fertilizing food plots around your hunting property. Get on location and get to work right away, with minimal assembly. This food plot spreader will get you up and running in just 5 easy steps with a quick disconnect when not in use. Universal mounting brackets make it compatible with almost all ATV models on the market and attach directly to your ATV battery. Wiring package included.

Once installed, simply set the level for the amount you wish to spread, add your feed, fertilizer or seed to the hopper, and begin spreading instantly with your all-terrain vehicle. A convenient shut-off gate allows you to regulate the amount of seed dispensed and the frame has the capacity to carry heavy loads up to 50 lbs. The plastic hopper prevents rust damage while the tapered design ensures you get your money's worth by ensuring all your seed and fertilizer gets where it needs to go. When you're finished, it's easy to remove for cleaning and storage. The built-in quick release system allows for fast and easy detaching of your spreader bucket.

For best results and optimum performance, completely wash and dry your Food Plot Spreader and store in a dry location between uses. Apply a light coat of oil on your spreader's metal parts and motor to help prevent rusting. Experience the benefits of increased deer activity and maintain your land for maximum enjoyment. With our ATV Food Plot Spreader, you'll turn your ATV in the workhorse you need to create and maintain a food plot for a healthier herd.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline beeker

• Master Outdoorsman
that sounds like what I need

Offline HUNTER2

• Master Outdoorsman
Thats what I use. I also bought a packer on sale. That seemed to really help this year.
HUNT & FISH TELL YA DROP
I.B.O.T.'s 249 & 250
 Handle every stressful situation like a dog.  If
                        you can't eat it or hump it.

Piss on it and walk away

Offline beeker

• Master Outdoorsman
one piece a year is what I try too do. eventually I should have all the toys right?