Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Troy Gentry Video...  (Read 976 times)

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Who watched the video on the home page. The one of Troy shooting cubby the bear...

I did...and honestly....I found it upsetting....
It made my stomach turn to see something that taints the sport of hunting.
Granted, I don't know the "whole" story...but the way it was depicted, I was not impressed.
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline JECAMERON

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
I was thinking about starting this thread as well...
I was a bit off put by it. I read the whole story and its pretty bad. The fellow that facilitated this with him is a  :censored: hack. He has multiple priors that are relevant.

Offline Mayfly

• Master Outdoorsman
    • MNO
I think its horrible! The worse part is when the bear comes in and he pretends to "hunt". I don't like this guy one bit.

Offline MTCOMMER

• Master Outdoorsman
Indeed!   :puke:  Just gives all the animal rights organizations ammo to target hunting and outdoorsmen - doesnt paint a good picture of us and I am sure those animal rights people assume we are all alike and would do the same thing.
The one beef I had with the video was the commentary - they kept saying "WITH TEETH PROBLEMS" or "BED TEETH" and its like, who cares about that.  I can play devils advocate and the guy isnt sure what to do with a tame bear that isnt much use to him anymore - does he left it die slowly of old age.  How do they kill large animals like that humanely - like a death penalty like cocktail?  I am unsure, if anyone knows, please let me know.

Offline Joe@deerhunters

• Outdoorsman
Thanks Troy for providing the very best anti-hunting video ever produced!!!