Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: minnawaska  (Read 2387 times)

Offline spear foot 1

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
 Thinking about heading out to waska this weekend  are the sunfish and crappies going or is it slow?

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
I'm not sure, but I think I'm going to head out there this weekend also to see how it's going.  In past years around this time I have done well.
Eastwood v. Wayne Challenge Winner 2011

The Boogie Man may check his closet for John Wayne but John Wayne checks under his bed for Clint Eastwood

Offline spear foot 1

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Yeah I never went to waska last weekend, I ended going to maple lake north of sauk centre last weekend and also out on sauk lake. Hopefully this weekend I will make it to waska. Usually do well this time of year out there.

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
This was the last report we got from Fish On Bait & Sport.

Course it's a month old, sorry....

The panfish bite has been excellent! Crappies have really become more aggressive usually starting around 5:30 but can be caught during the day as well. Sunnies are all day long with the best bite from 3pm until sunset. Best is to use freshwater shrimp during the day and then switching to small crappie minnows. No real color preference but size does matter. Stay with a #14 jig if possible. A lot of pike and bass all day long. Walleyes are a little more hit and miss but the size of the walleyes has been really good with many in the 17 to 19 inch range.
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline Retired on Osakis

• Master Outdoorsman
Haven't been out there myself but have seen a few reports of people getting sunnies and crappies on Bottle Bay and out in front of the ballroom. That was as of last Thursday. Hope it helps. :fishing: