Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: The True Meaning Of The Fishing Challenge  (Read 6431 times)

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
Well I was lucky enough to fish with my 2 good friends Fawkinnae and HD...........and I can't forget little HD this past Saturday and Sunday.  2 people whom I met through this challenge and site.  I look forward to each meeting.  We started Saturday morning with a few introductions and then headed out to a lake I hadn't fished in 5 or 6 years.  We all fished together out of my boat and kind of had a 2 man challenge taking turns.  We caught quite a few Pike with HD catching the lone Bass.  We  :bs: the day away and caught fish.........what could be better.  Then we headed back to the ranch for some food and a fire.  Sunday started off with a hearty breakfast and handshake good bye with Fawk and the Mrs.  It was raining for the better part of the morning and then it stopped.  HD and I got the bug to what else but hit the lake to try and catch some eye's and Little HD decided to set down the video game with my daughter and hit the lake with us.  We ended up keeping 5 walleyes (7 according to little HD) and ended up with a total of 14 fish caught in the few hours we were out.  Then a few words about the next adventure and they were off down the road.  Thank you and your families for allowing me and my family to host you all this weekend.  Can't wait for the next.  Here are a few pics.

Fawk and Hunterdown's son Showing off their artistic abilities

P.S. I hope any of you who are lucky enough to meet some of your teammates and fish post here.  Hopefully you too can make a new friend. :happy1:
« Last Edit: June 06/27/11, 10:48:24 PM by The General »
Eastwood v. Wayne Challenge Winner 2011

The Boogie Man may check his closet for John Wayne but John Wayne checks under his bed for Clint Eastwood

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2008-2011-2018-2019 2020 Fish Challenge Champ!
    • Lee's Lake Geneva Guide Service
Thanks for filling us in on a great get together. Makes me wish I lived in MN just to be able to meet some of you guys in person. Nice to see friendships have developed through MNO. Great photos and a good time by all.

Me like :happy1: :happy1: :happy1:
Proud Member of the CWCS.
http://www.cwcs.org

Member of Walleyes For Tomorrow.
www.walleyesfortomorrow.org

Many BWCA Reports
http://leeslakegenevaguideservice.com/boundry_%2712.htm

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

Offline Fawkinnae

• Executive Director
  • Master Outdoorsman
    • Fawkinnae Sportsman's Club T-Shirts
Great post! Kathy and I had a blast. Thanks so much for the great company and hospitality.
Here are a couple more pics of that fishing machine-HD.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: June 06/28/11, 09:22:45 AM by Fawkinnae »
Fawkinnae Sportsman's Club T-Shirts
Unique fishing, hunting, drinking and motorcycle t-shirts, caps, bumper stickers and more.
http://www.fawkinnae.com/
Find me on Facebook - http://tinyurl.com/6k5tkvv

Offline MTCOMMER

• Master Outdoorsman
Thats awesome! 
Looks like a great day with some great friends!   :happy1:  Thanks for sharing!

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
I have to agree, it was an awsome time! The wife went shopping with Mrs.General & Kathy while we fished. She bought some new camo for the family (can never have enough camo clothing) Came back after fishing and had "T" bones for dinner...wooo hoooo!!! Stayed up late around the fire  :bs: with some neighbors and chalk art on drive way. The General Jr. and Mama had fun drawing all over (I think they are best buds now) Fawkinnea showed off his graffic talents (what can't that guy do?) Next morning, after a great breakfast, I realized that I left my map book at home, and the plan was to hit a walleye lake on the way back. So, we checked the internet for directions and I wasn't sure if it was the same lake that I had found....next thing ya know....the General has got the boat hooked up again and we're off to go find walleyes.

Here's a picture of the great Fawkinnea, giving us a pose for the new trophies for the challenge...

And some pelicans....

Thanks to The General and Mrs. General for a GREAT time!

Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline wildlifeminnesota

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota
It all way nice to fine a new friend that like the same thing as you, That we all can remember. that day a photos are a big part of it and the younger one grow up and can look back.

I have meet HD and The General and Fawkinnea,  You General and HD look like you had been friend a long time.

But at the same time me and DDS was meeting and we fish again the last winner and we are work on fishing again here in July It will be are first time in open water and not on the ice, I can not wait as I plan on taking him to a bass lake so we can fill test some new Jig. Who know We just mite get some eyes,

I will post some photos as I know DDS will. As the  Fishing Challenge  in to meet a friend like The General  HD and Fawkinnea, And me and DDS But if you do not take the time to reach out. You now know what you could be missing out on.. Have a good 4 of July!!!  :happy1: And do not forget your  :Photography:

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
Sounds like a good time wildlife.  We'll be waiting for some pics. :happy1:

The Boogie Man may check his closet for John Wayne but John Wayne checks under his bed for Clint Eastwood

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2012 MNO Fishing Challenge Champion
    • Advanced Tackle Innovations
   I will be sure to bring the sd card.   :toast:    :Photography:
Pai Mei tells the Godfather when it's time to tell Wayne  to pimp slap Eastwood.

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota
Well it a week away that me and DDS will meet up and do some FISHING,  :happy1:
« Last Edit: July 07/16/11, 10:43:45 PM by wildlifeminnesota »

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
    Well, I just have to say a big thank you to Wildlife and his family for a great weekend.  I had a couple of days that I won't ever forget.  I drove up Sat. in what started out to be pouring rain.  As I left the cities the skies turned blue and the sun was out.  I met up with Wildlife at his store in Perham.  If you ever get a chance stop in and check it out.  I then followed him out to his home and we hit the lake for the evening walleye bite.  Not unexpectedly the eyes were not cooperating at all.   I don't think the recent weather patterns helped us out.  No loss I fish the lake of no fish so I am used to being skunked.  We fished till dark and then went back to his home for delicious venison burgers and my dogs got acquainted with his.   The next day we were off to lake secret.  I was blindfolded.  We drove for I don't know how long because I had to leave my watch at his house.  Finally we stopped and I was allowed to remove the blindfold.  What a sight.  A gorgeous day and a pristine lake.  We launched the boat.  Since I was with a professional photographer I debated whether I should bring my camera.  I brought it any way.  We were on the lake.  Fantastic day with low humidity.  What could be better?  The fishing was great.  They started out slow for about the first 1hr.  We were catching bass and pike.  It seemed like after the first hour the fish turned on and we had a day of fishing that you read about.  We didn't count but I would put us somewhere around sixty + fish caught.  We had a few pics taken and Wildlife realized the sd card was missing from his camera as well as the backup from his tackle box.   :doah:   No worries I had mine.  ;)  We fished right up until dark.  Loaded up and back to the house.  I can't remember the last time my arms hurt from catching fish.  I have to rate this as one of the best weekends I have had on the water.  Wildlife is a good friend and I really look forward to fishing with him again this winter.  I will post some pics later when I get time.  Thanks Brian.  (side note-the bigger pike started biting later in the day and Wildlife caught the very last pike of the day ;)
Pai Mei tells the Godfather when it's time to tell Wayne  to pimp slap Eastwood.

Offline Fawkinnae

• Executive Director
  • Master Outdoorsman
Sounds like one heck of a terrific outing. Congratulations to both of you guys.
Unique fishing, hunting, drinking and motorcycle t-shirts, caps, bumper stickers and more.

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
Sounds like a great time and just what the challenge is about.  Glad to see you and Wildlife had a good time. :happy1:

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota
Thank DDS as it was my pleasure! 
As DDS said it was one of them days you see on TV as fish after fish you think them days would not happen to you.  :sorry:  DDS for the billfold and I thou I was only going to have to do it once but when you run out of bait   ;D and have to go for more well back with billfold with 30 mines we was back at it. I do think you just might of under gust how many fish that we put in the boat because my arm and shoulder is still sore as I can run a chainsaw all day and not feel like it does today. Time seem to be passing by double was not uncommon as I was not allowed to put my pole down to  :help: you net.  (Fish on)As to my camber card that was in my pocket all day.  ;D I was just testing you ability on taking photos on the fish board and you got a good less in early.  :rotflmao: As it not as easy as it look.

Mean while your dogs had one of their best days as my wife that not a dog love had one sitting up in here chair with her all day and the other one was running with my dog (Pugs) and played. As my son said he like them as he took them outside.  :happy1:

As the day was come to the end and the bigger fish stared to make their way in to the boat.  :happy1: 

As we got back to the truck to fine someone had taking one of my taillight out on the trailer and stay there to tell me and gave me their number a said let them know what it was going to cost and they will pay for it. It nice to know there are still good people in this world.  :happy1: :happy1: Photos will be posted in time.  As their will be making a move on the lead board! So keep your eyes out. So you will have to wait to see what and who will be moving.  :dancinred:

As it not just about the win it more in make a friend and fishing your heart out like us all here!!  :Photography:

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
     A couple of pics from this weekend. ;D

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2008-2011-2018-2019 2020 Fish Challenge Champ!
    • Lee's Lake Geneva Guide Service
Well, that's terrific that you guys were able to capture some quality time together. I'd like to make a suggestion.
Would it be possible to move Minnesota down to Illinois :scratch: so I can spend more time in Minnesota? Nay :bs: to that say the boys from the Nort.  Hey, I can dream can't I.  :whistling:
Proud Member of the CWCS.
http://www.cwcs.org

Member of Walleyes For Tomorrow.
www.walleyesfortomorrow.org

Many BWCA Reports
http://leeslakegenevaguideservice.com/boundry_%2712.htm

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
    Couple more.

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota
Just so DDS dose not feel left out I thou I would post some  :Photography:, We had some double, DDS with a big pike,
As to what I fish with. I try to keep it simple. It will pay off in the long run.  ;D

We had a blast and that really what it all about,,,  :happy1: 

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
Well I and the family took off this weekend to go spend some time with HD and his family.  We sat around the camp fire Saturday evening after a great meal and shooting the bows.  Sunday we hit the lake and caught a few fish, but more importantly spent time just BSing.  I did show little HD how to bounce your lure off the shore, off docks, off stumps all day long while only catching one.  After that we returned to the hacienda and had a family shoot out in the back yard.  I saw some pretty good shots as not to many clays hit the ground whole.  Thanks HD for the great time as we all enjoyed the stay.  We look forward to the next time.   :happy1:

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
It was a good time! When you have a bon fire, BBQ'ed ribs, fishing, shooting guns, and few beers with friends...what could be better? NUTH'IN !!!!

While we went fish'in, the ladies went to the corn maze with the kids. And from what I hear, they had a blast too.

Here's some pics of the weekend:
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline Fawkinnae

• Executive Director
  • Master Outdoorsman
Nice outing. Are those sheepheads you're shooting at?

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Nice outing. Are those sheepheads you're shooting at?

Clay pigeons...there weasel....
Oh, and we did smoke a couple cigars that SOMEONE had graciously donated to the cause... :happy1: