Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: mechanical help/question ford ranger  (Read 1235 times)

Offline beeker

• Master Outdoorsman
I got an 88 ford ranger. it spit out all it's tranny fluid last night.. I was still able to stick it in park and not have it roll away.. when I put it in the gears it, I could feel it lock in.. my question is since it spit out all the fluid... and locked in park.. is this most likely a cooler line? or the little radiator for the tranny? the truck only has 30k on it. and the last vehicle I had a tranny die on me didn't spit out all the tranny fluid???

what are your thought?

thanks.
If science fiction has taught me anything, it's that you can never have enough guns and ammo when the zombies come back to life... "WS"

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
I guess it depends on where it spit it out?

Pop a line? Out the filler tube? Where?
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline beeker

• Master Outdoorsman
I'll be crawlin under it tonight. looked like the line was spliced at one point and in time and that's where I'll start my trouble shooting from.
If science fiction has taught me anything, it's that you can never have enough guns and ammo when the zombies come back to life... "WS"

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Well, I would start with the cooler lines.
There is pressure from the pump. So, if ya get a hole in one of them, it will piss out pretty good.
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline Tyler Rother

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
What about blowing a seal?

Just a thought.

My old dodge blew a rear seal and shot all the fluid out on 94 south of Alex a few years back, lots of pissed off motorists...

Offline beeker

• Master Outdoorsman
 I dumped in some fluid.. all the gears work but reverse.. so I'm thinking the tranny took a dump on me. not sure if it's worth the effort to stick a rebuilt one or if it's something within my abilities. one thing after another...

Offline Go Big Red!

• Master Outdoorsman
Just put it in neutral and let it roll down the drive way.
Take a kid hunting and fishing... It'll be the best thing for generations to come.

Offline beeker

• Master Outdoorsman
back when I was younger.. I drove a 76 impala to the junk yard in reverse because that was the only gear that worked. then I would save up another 500$ and go get another beater and hoped it would last a year.  it's always something