Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: This years bottle baby  (Read 1623 times)

Offline Auggie

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Start'em young
    • www.wallhangerstaxidermystudio.com
 :coffee:Need some sleep. The first few weeks of bottle babies is a bunch of missed sleep! Every 3 hours week 1 and every 4 hours week two. Glad we are almost through it. Day 10. But the kids love it and I have to admit I enjoy it as well after the first couple weeks.

[attachment deleted by admin]
Shane Augeson
Wallhangers Taxidermy Studio
9040 40th St NW
Milan MN 56262
www.wallhangerstaxidermystudio.com
320-269-3337

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
Nice picks Auggie.  I know the neighbors here will get one or two bottle lambs every year out of their herd.  My kids always want to take one home to feed, the neighbors say go for it.........I say I don't think so.
Eastwood v. Wayne Challenge Winner 2011

The Boogie Man may check his closet for John Wayne but John Wayne checks under his bed for Clint Eastwood

Offline Auggie

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Start'em young
    Tell the neighbor you will take one home at about 3 weeks!! ;D Sometimes I wonder why I do it. I have a 5 year old doe that was a bottle baby. She works to my advantage sometimes and sometimes she causes all the trouble when I am working the rest of the deer! But all said and done, it is pretty fun (after the first couple weeks anyway) for our family and any visitors/students that want to see the deer up close. Today I took "Lucky" into my daughter's daycare for an hour. Boy was that a hoot!! Pretty fun to see all those big eyes and little fingers go to work. Many of them will never have that chance to see a fawn up close, let alone any baby critter. Talk about a million questions!!! Made their day, especially my daughter, proud as a peacock she was. Made my day as well.
Shane Augeson
9040 40th St NW
Milan MN 56262
320-269-3337

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
That's very cool Augg's !!

You should be proud! That's a great way to get involved with your kids school...  :happy1: to you!
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline Auggie

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Start'em young
      We started bringing babies in when my son was about 2. Deer, birds, pigs, silver fox just to name a view. The kids really enjoy it and like I said, many of these kids never get exposed to things like this. We have had field trips to our place as well. They like all the animals, in the pens and on the wall in my shop. Gives them a little exposure to the outdoor world in a different way. We usually end the trip by making some simple rocks the kids can take home with them. Foam, plaster, and paint. Takes me two days to clean up after the  :taz:little rug-rats :taz:!!!
Shane Augeson
9040 40th St NW
Milan MN 56262
320-269-3337

Offline sandmannd

• Master Outdoorsman
    • Chasin' Tail Fishin
That's awesome. Do you raise deer?
Friends are like buttcheeks..........crap might separate them, but they come together in the end.

Offline Auggie

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Start'em young
Shane Augeson
9040 40th St NW
Milan MN 56262
320-269-3337