Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Holiday Weekend Blues....  (Read 1162 times)

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Welp, it has been a bad one....

First off, with the storm we had, we had downed trees and siding to put back on the house. We had no power all day Saturday, but we ran off the generator to keep the freezer and fridge running. And, on this weekend (Saturday in the afternoon when it dried out, after I got the trees cut up and siding back on) I planned on cutting hay... I cut most of the field with one conditioner/mower, and just before I finished the wobble box shaft broke. I finished cutting with the old Case (that needs some repaires itself) Sunday morning, I flipped the hay with the rake. While it was drying, I worked on the bailer. I started to bail later that afternoon, getting most of it bailed. Then, I bent a needle on the bailer...down again... I pulled the needle off late last night, and straightened with the torch this morning (still gotta put in back on, and try it so I can finish) Made a run to the local store, and found that they had just got power back an hour ago. Some of our neighbors have been coming over for showers and water cause they still don't have power. So, I borrowed out my generator to one of them, and storing some stuff in our freezer for some others.

So, I hope your weekend is going better than ours!
I still got hay to stack and get the implements back in the barn before the next wave of storms is suppose to hit tonight.

Be safe everyone!

I gotta get back to work.....
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
Well if you would have given me a call I could have rounded up the troops and came up and helped.  Don't think for a second I wouldn't have either. 
Eastwood v. Wayne Challenge Winner 2011

The Boogie Man may check his closet for John Wayne but John Wayne checks under his bed for Clint Eastwood

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Well if you would have given me a call I could have rounded up the troops and came up and helped.  Don't think for a second I wouldn't have either. 

I know ya would bud, Thanks for the offer!  :happy1:

Update: The neighbors have power back on, and they are sitting around our bon fire as I type. I just got off of the tractor, and thought I'd check the site. We got all the bails stacked on the side of the feild covered with a tarp. Some hay will have to go to waste, cause I didn't have time to rake it all up & bail. That's farm'in....things don't always go to plan. The bailer will have to sit outside for the evening, but, I got a tarp on that too. (if ya know anything about bailers...the knotters don't like rain, they rust fast) If we don't get to much rain, I can still rake and bail...just depends on mother nature. I did get the needle back on the bailer, just haven't tried it yet. Maybe tomorrow..........

Just wish I would'a got a few hours on the lake  :fishing:
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline lentz

• Master Outdoorsman
well i had one to it just started know

i bought my bow at the end of march and have shot it there just that one time because i was to bussie  to clear the the range behind my house and last night i cleared it and i just went in my case to take out my bow and NO RELISE im crossing my fingers and hope that they have it at the place or else im out of $