Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Apply now for summer jobs with Conservation Corps Minnesota  (Read 1196 times)

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Apply now for summer jobs with Conservation Corps Minnesota
(Released February 27, 2012)

High school youth may apply until April 20 for one of 130 positions available with the Conservation Corps Minnesota summer conservation work program.
“Participants can expect to work hard on projects such as trail construction, erosion control, bridge and boardwalk building, and invasive exotic plant removal,” said Eric Antonson, youth programs director for Conservation Corps Minnesota.

Youth ages 15-18 will be based for four weeks at a residential program site in central Minnesota. They will travel in crews led by staff members to various state and federal lands to camp out and work on conservation projects. The majority of projects occur in conjunction with the Minnesota Department of Natural Resources (DNR).

The outdoor residential nature of the Summer Youth Corps provides a unique opportunity for youth to develop and strengthen leadership skills, work ethic, camping skills, and an understanding and appreciation for the natural environment, Antonson said.

Weekend activities include canoe trips, wilderness hikes and high-adventure challenges. The first four-week session runs June 16 through July 14. The second session runs July 21 through Aug. 17. Participants earn a stipend of $185 per week, with room and board provided.

Applicants should enjoy working and living in a rustic outdoor environment. The Summer Youth Corps, which hires an equal number of males and females, encourages minority youth to apply. Up to 20 deaf and hard-of-hearing youth, who will work with deaf staff and trained sign language interpreters, will also be hired.

To apply, contact Nina Eagin at nina.eagin@conservationcorps.org or call 651-209-9900.

Conservation Corps Minnesota was created in 1981 by the Minnesota Legislature to do two things: engage youth and young adults in enhancing natural resources, and provide opportunities for training and life skills development. The program operated as part of the DNR until becoming a 501(c)(3) nonprofit in 2003.

Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline lentz

• Master Outdoorsman
Price is not the best but I might be able to get over that because of this

"The Summer Youth Corps, which hires an equal number of males and females"

Offline Fawkinnae

• Executive Director
  • Master Outdoorsman
    • Fawkinnae Sportsman's Club T-Shirts
The Federal government has a similar program I believe (at least I know they did at one time). Might be worth checking out. I worked with Youth Conservation Corp. (YCC) kids when I was in college at Voyageurs National Park.
Fawkinnae Sportsman's Club T-Shirts
Unique fishing, hunting, drinking and motorcycle t-shirts, caps, bumper stickers and more.
http://www.fawkinnae.com/
Find me on Facebook - http://tinyurl.com/6k5tkvv

Offline lentz

• Master Outdoorsman
« Last Edit: February 02/28/12, 09:41:38 PM by lentz »