Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Guess what they will go for?  (Read 5316 times)

Offline GRIZ

• Master Outdoorsman
I just figured I would get a little guessing game going.
 I sent some fur up to auction (feb NAFA)all you need to do is guess what each species will average
Rats-These were cherry picked nothing smaller than 2X an no damaged
Mink-A little cherry picking 1/3 were females, none were damaged though
Coon-No cherry picking 1/4 are 2X and the rest are 3X and bigger
Otter-Just one it's xlg #2 has one little nick from fleshing on it's side.
All fur was caught the 5th-10th day after opening of water trapping for the southern zone. With the exception of half a dozen coon that were caught in dec.
I will give my guesses before the auction and post the results after the sale

I know it would be easier if I had pics but don't have any to post.
« Last Edit: January 01/26/12, 12:49:26 AM by GRIZ »
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first."
~Thomas Jefferson

Offline Randy Kaar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Randy aka bh
I will look forward to see your results.

randy
Voted #1 Outdoors Website in MN ( www.mnoutdoorsman.com )!
bonehead149@yahoo.com
bonehead@mnoutdoorsman.com

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
 :scratch: I'll take a guess..

Rats: 15
Mink: 25
Coon: 20
Otter: 45

(but, I don't know what cherry picking is)
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline GRIZ

• Master Outdoorsman
Cherry picking means that I sold some of the lesser quality ones alreadyand more or less better stuff was sent.
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first."
~Thomas Jefferson

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Rats: $8.25
Mink: $18
Coon: $14
Otter: $50

***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline Big Slick

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2008 & 2011 MNO Fishing Challenge Champs!
What do coyote with a bullet hole bring?
You never see a FLAG BURNING at a GUN SHOW.

Offline GRIZ

• Master Outdoorsman
Slick that could vary greatly depending on many things such as the color and size, how big of a hole, etc.  On the carcass anywhere from nothin to $30 bucks.
~Thomas Jefferson

Offline Big Slick

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2008 & 2011 MNO Fishing Challenge Champs!
Well I guess its not a money making hobby then. Don't have time anyways.
You never see a FLAG BURNING at a GUN SHOW.

Offline GRIZ

• Master Outdoorsman
Randy so where is ur guess?
~Thomas Jefferson

Offline nic53

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
rats: $8.75
mink: $17.00
coon: $16.25
otter: $63

Offline GRIZ

• Master Outdoorsman
Well I'm going to let everyone know my guess before my lotting letter is available. This is on my fur and not the market ave.

Otter - $85
Rats - A month ago my guess would have been $9.26 but it has advanced from what I've heard so I'm going with $10.25 since these were cherry picked.
Coon -$19.45 with only 2/3 of them selling this auction
Mink - $20.47

At least this is what I hope to get based on what the market appears to be like. I'll be happy if I ave $18 on the coon and mink, $9 on the rats and $70 on the otter.
« Last Edit: February 02/10/12, 04:37:16 PM by GRIZ »
~Thomas Jefferson

Offline GRIZ

• Master Outdoorsman
My lotting letter should be up today or monday I'm guessing. Then I'll be able to see how close my gradeing is to theirs. Which would make a difference in price. Last yr they give me a better grade than I give myself.
~Thomas Jefferson

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
So how many of each critter did you send for auction?
Is there a lot limit size you can send? Or is it just what you have?
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline GRIZ

• Master Outdoorsman
There is no limit on what you can sell there. A lotting letter is just information on what lots your fur was put in after gradeing. When my fur sells it's not a lot by itself it's graded and intermixed with others fur across the country. They keep things separate/organized with bar codes that get scanned as to who owns what and how many.
« Last Edit: February 02/13/12, 02:45:28 AM by GRIZ »
~Thomas Jefferson

Offline GRIZ

• Master Outdoorsman
Well looking at my lot letter they didn't give me the benefit of the doubt on the otter in any way. Mink did a bit better on grade than I thought but don't like the way they set up the schedule for them, they split the selects up by about six pages. Coon graded better size and grade wise but the color grade really hurt. Rats about what I thought.
~Thomas Jefferson

Offline GRIZ

• Master Outdoorsman
The auction went and is going very well.

Here is what I ave
Rats $12.46
I got $100 for my otter
Coon $21.18
Mink $21.90

Now keep in mind this is not the sales ave at the auction as I sent up some stuff that has been cherry picked. I do believe however that it goes to show the strength of the market for wild fur. Also I did have some coon that no saled as I thought but what surprised me was that it wasn't the lesser stuff but some of the better colors that didn't sale. They may sell yet after hrs so my ave on them may go up.

Right now am listening to it and beaver are selling and extremely well I think. All in all I think it's the best sale we had in yrs. Well since the fur bust back in the early 90's late eighties. I'm excited over this sale to say the least.
~Thomas Jefferson

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
100 bucks fer an otter? That's pretty dern good!
I got a whole family of them dern things living in my pond....  :banghead:

Offline bonecollecter82

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
24.66 ave for my coons
11.00 ave for rats
What makes a BoneCollector?
They are the hunters that have the passion to go to the ends of the earth, in pursuit of the basic hunter instincy that was instilled in us at birth and is so often taken away in society.

Offline GRIZ

• Master Outdoorsman
That pretty good ave on coon there bone. Was it before commission or after? my averages were before commission.
~Thomas Jefferson

Offline bonecollecter82

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Honestly I dont have much idea I trap with a buddy and he just tells me what we got for them
What makes a BoneCollector?
They are the hunters that have the passion to go to the ends of the earth, in pursuit of the basic hunter instincy that was instilled in us at birth and is so often taken away in society.