Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Bear in IA  (Read 3330 times)

Offline iowabowhunter

• Outdoorsman
  • 2006 Buck
I read an article in yesterday's paper that said a guy saw a bear on his land in NE IA and shot it b/c he was "threatened".  Personally, I think the guy is an idiot and bear should be protected in IA since there are none.  The law states that it is legal to shoot a bear in IA if you feel threatened and he plans on having it mounted (go figure).  He refused to respond to a telephone call by the reporter saying he's "done talking about it".  Just thought it was kind of chincy for him to do that.  Feel the same?

Offline Randy Kaar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Randy aka bh
wonder how the bear "threatened" him... he shouldnt get
to keep the bear even if the bear tried to attack him.

randy
« Last Edit: June 06/29/08, 08:38:59 AM by Randy Kaar »
Voted #1 Outdoors Website in MN ( www.mnoutdoorsman.com )!
bonehead149@yahoo.com
bonehead@mnoutdoorsman.com

Offline repoman

• Master Outdoorsman
  • take the shot
imagine that :banghead:

Offline thunderpout

• Master Outdoorsman
The IA DNR must be pretty loose on things... I guarranty if it was MN DNR he wouldnt be keepin the bear....

Offline repoman

• Master Outdoorsman
  • take the shot
I HALF TO AGREE , WELL IT MIGHT DEPEND ON THE DNR I THINK IF YOU GET PERMISSION TO SHOOT BECAUSE OF A PROBLEM MAYBE , WELL ........ MAYBE NOT  :coffee: .

Offline Cody Gruchow

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2016 Mno rockbass challenge champion
what was it threating? his corn or beans? :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
It was stalking his bullhead pond................... :rotflmao:

Hunter
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline thunderpout

• Master Outdoorsman
Maybe threatening his manlyhood! :rotflmao: (I dont know what that means! :bonk:)

Offline thunderpout

• Master Outdoorsman
....Bullhead Pond! :rotflmao:  That there's funny! :rotflmao:

Offline Cody Gruchow

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2016 Mno rockbass challenge champion
maybe he thought it was a raccoon, them things there i hear are huge :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline iowabowhunter

• Outdoorsman
  • 2006 Buck
I guess my point would be that if you were feeling threatened and "shot" the bear, what did you have stuffed in your pants while walking through the woods in IOWA that would down a bear?  Nothing.  Point being he would've HAD to retrieve a weapon of some sort big enough to do the job.  So:during the trip to wherever you retrieve said-weapon, aren't you no longer in a "threatening" situation???  Call the police, DNR, animal control people, or anyone with common sense, don't just shoot it.   :bonk:

Offline iowabowhunter

• Outdoorsman
  • 2006 Buck
News tonight: Another bear sighting in Northcentral Iowa.  They said 3 (2/3 confirmed) sightings so far this year.  Craziness.