Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Metro Lakes  (Read 1409 times)

Offline catfish_catcher

Hey guys, does any one have any thing to report on the north metro lakes? like peltier or centerville, bald eagle, whitebear etc.?

Offline Mayfly

• Master Outdoorsman
    • MNO
Here is some very basic info....I will have some more specific info to report on Sunday.

I have not had the chance to do any fishing this season on any of the area lakes but I had the chance to talk with Carl from Hansen's Little Bear Bait & Tackle in White Bear Lake and JC up at Mikes Bait on 8 in Forest Lake. 

In the Forest Lake area the best action for walleyes has been on Forest. Mikes on 8 reported an angler caught a nice 27 inch walleye last week and caught a few for the dinner table as well. Most anglers targeting walleyes have had the best luck after 5pm on Forest. The best bet for panfish in the area has been on Chisago using small ice jigs and wax worms in 10 - 14 fow.

Closer to the metro, reports are about the same. Panfish on area lakes are being caught in the same depths doing the same thing. Northern fishing and walleye fishing has been pretty slow for the average angler. There are a few who have found some fish but like most fishermen they have been tight lipped for good reason.

The best reported fishing on White Bear has been in front of the VFW and on Bald Eagle the north bays have seen the most pressure.

Not many reports have come in on area lakes. As the bait shops say, the only time they stop here is to buy bait, seldom do you see fisherman coming back to report on the fishing unless there is a big one caught. Once the masses begin to get out and people start coming in and out for bait more reports will come in.

Another metro early ice hot spot is Peltier and Centerville lakes. The fishing is reportedly off to a slow start compared to past years but people are catching fish.

Over-all the most exciting thing to report is that there is good ice on most lakes. Last year we were off to a good start and then got dumped on hindering the ice making process. This year things are off to a pretty good start.

Offline catfish_catcher

excellent thanks for all the great info!  I'll report back later, I'm going to try the south point on forest lake tonight.
« Last Edit: December 12/20/08, 10:57:18 AM by catfish_catcher »