Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Dates to plant rye grain and peas?  (Read 2602 times)

Offline dakids

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2013 MNO Fishing Challenge Champ!
I was wondering what the prefered dates are to plant a mix of rye grain and peas.  The plot is east of Leach Lake.  I want the rye grain to be a prefered food source late in the season and also for the deer in the spring of the year when other food sources have not yet greened up yet.
Anything that is free is worth saving up for.

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
I usually wait till middle of August to plant rye grain...

But, this year I just finished putting some in last weekend with a clover mix....

I have other food plots established, so if it doesn't work out...I won't be out nothing except the 11 dollars for the bag of seed.  ;D
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline HUNTER2

• Master Outdoorsman
I put in a couple small plots about 2 weeks ago. I will be seeding 3 more plots with rye grain and clover mixed this weekend. I also will put a patch of Brassy Buck in front of a couple stands.
HUNT & FISH TELL YA DROP
I.B.O.T.'s 249 & 250
 Handle every stressful situation like a dog.  If
                        you can't eat it or hump it.

Piss on it and walk away

Offline Big E

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
We planted ours last week. I would get it planted ASAP
Let the small bucks walk. Don't assume the neighbors will shoot them if you don't. If you shoot him what chance does that buck have to grow......ZERO!