Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: My BEAR Rampage  (Read 4016 times)

Offline fishnutbob

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
  • Leech lake guide, Walker, Mn.
I have a very big Bear that thinks my home is his home and Im his daddy and my bird feeder is his dinner plate.

This bear has been coming to my feeder for over two weeks, my big lab dog warns me when he makes is slow walk to my sunflower seeds in my ground feeder.

Tues after the heat for three days or more he came to visit me and the game started early usually he comes after midnight. Tues he first said Hi at 415 pm then 615pm then 715pm then 915pm then the last time at 4am, this time I was a little tired not getting much sleep at 4am with my flashlight I spot him 30 ft from my back door and close to my bedroom window.  My guess he would weigh between 350 to 400 lbs. Now he's getting too friendly so I grab my 22 which is loaded in the house and rapid fire from the  clip to scare him off. It worked got three hours of sleep and he didnt come back.

He didnt show up last night but he may come tonight.

Pics of the bear out my patio door thirty feet from my house feeding in my ground feeder

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: August 08/12/10, 12:58:24 PM by fishnutbob »
Bob Auel
Leech lake Guide with www.leisureoutdooradventures.com Guide Boat 2007 19' 3" warrior
218-836-2014

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
That one there...is a big'un!
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline Randy Kaar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Randy aka bh
Yep.. That is one big ass bear!

randy
Voted #1 Outdoors Website in MN ( www.mnoutdoorsman.com )!
bonehead149@yahoo.com
bonehead@mnoutdoorsman.com

Offline HUNTER2

• Master Outdoorsman
Bear hunting is coming up. You could have had a easy drag. Like 10 feet. :rotflmao:
HUNT & FISH TELL YA DROP
I.B.O.T.'s 249 & 250
 Handle every stressful situation like a dog.  If
                        you can't eat it or hump it.

Piss on it and walk away

Offline Outdoors Junkie

• MNO Director
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • AKA "Outdoors Junkie"
He is a brute!  Thanks for sharing the pix.
www.mnoutdoorsman.com
Voted #1 Outdoors Website in MN

Offline bonecollecter82

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
That is a beautiful bear. Most only drean of that size and color
What makes a BoneCollector?
They are the hunters that have the passion to go to the ends of the earth, in pursuit of the basic hunter instincy that was instilled in us at birth and is so often taken away in society.

Offline HUNTER2

• Master Outdoorsman
Is he considered a cinnamon bear? He is really brown. i have never hunted bears. Just never had the urge.
HUNT & FISH TELL YA DROP
I.B.O.T.'s 249 & 250
 Handle every stressful situation like a dog.  If
                        you can't eat it or hump it.

Piss on it and walk away

Offline fishnutbob

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Is he considered a cinnamon bear? He is really brown. i have never hunted bears. Just never had the urge.

Not sure of the color but I see light brown tips on his ears I guy who bears hunts looked at the pics he said that bear is at least 600.00 lbs so im a little off on his weight. Big Boar
Bob Auel
Leech lake Guide with www.leisureoutdooradventures.com Guide Boat 2007 19' 3" warrior
218-836-2014

Offline Cody Gruchow

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2016 Mno rockbass challenge champion
wow, my bet is if someone harvests him he makes the books....easy

Offline fishnutbob

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Bear hunting is coming up. You could have had a easy drag. Like 10 feet. :rotflmao:

No, I dont hunt bear as I dont kill anything I dont eat plus hes too cool would make a beautiful rug but I enjoy just watching these big animals and shoot them with my camera. I wouldnt feel good shooting that bear.

Yes my outside dog is on guard and he wakes me when the big boy walks in.

Also Cody, I think your correct he is big and would be a book bear and a real trophy BEAR, my neighbor is baiting today for bear, and im helping him I feel bad I dont want him to shoot this bear but I hope he shoots a good bear, not the Big Boar in my Pics.   

--------------------
Bob Auel
Walker,Mn.

« Last Edit: August 08/15/10, 11:11:14 AM by fishnutbob »
Bob Auel
218-836-2014

Offline Go Big Red!

• Master Outdoorsman

No, I dont hunt bear as I dont kill anything I dont eat plus hes too cool would make a beautiful rug but I enjoy just watching these big animals and shoot them with my camera. I wouldnt feel good shooting that bear.

Also Cody, I think your correct he is big and would be a book bear and a real trophy BEAR, my neighbor is baiting today for bear, and im helping him I feel bad I dont want him to shoot this bear but I hope he shoots a good bear, not the Big Boar in my Pics.   

--------------------
Bob Auel
Walker,Mn.

Just think of the stories you and your neighbor could share if he was harvested during the bear season.  A bitter sweet ending if you will....
Take a kid hunting and fishing... It'll be the best thing for generations to come.

Offline fishnutbob

• Xtreme Outdoorsman

--------------------
Bob Auel
Walker,Mn.

[/quote]

Just think of the stories you and your neighbor could share if he was harvested during the bear season.  A bitter sweet ending if you will....
[/quote]

yes it would be  A bitter sweet ending if you will.... Just dont want my neighbor to do the final shot.  :fudd:

Bob Auel
218-836-2014

Offline fishnutbob

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Quote Big red, Just think of the stories you and your neighbor could share if he was harvested during the bear season.  A bitter sweet ending if you will....

Update on my bear, he hasnt been back for two weeks, but my neighbor is up baiting for bear and I checked his bait stations and a big bear is hitting one he has pics off his camera to look at tonight.

One more pic of his paw on my glass patio door it measures 8 to 9" Enjoy.

The rest of the stories will follow with a Pic if he stays around. :fudd: 

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: August 08/27/10, 01:34:53 PM by fishnutbob »
Bob Auel
218-836-2014

Offline bonecollecter82

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
I showed this to a buddy of mine and he says he will give you a buck a pound to shoot it. I told him you really didnt want it dead
What makes a BoneCollector?
They are the hunters that have the passion to go to the ends of the earth, in pursuit of the basic hunter instincy that was instilled in us at birth and is so often taken away in society.

Offline steiny

• Outdoorsman
I'll up the bid to $2 per pound!

Offline Mayfly

• Master Outdoorsman
    • MNO
Very cool! Keep us updated, curious to see if he comes around more and would love to see more pics. If you say he is getting too friendly maybe you should try and work with him? Get him to stand and spin for us so we can really see how big he is. Never know... he could be friendly. Next time he shows up slowly go outside and get really low and try to get near him while talking softly to him. Don't push it but over a week or two of this interaction you may be able to pet him  :happy1:

Let us know how it goes, I saw this in a documentary once so I know it can work.  ;)