Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Bear tag lottery results are in!  (Read 3501 times)

Offline corny13

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2012 ROCKBASS CHAMPION 2014
 :Clap:  results are in :happy1:  Unit 44

To check if you drew a tag....http://www.dnr.state.mn.us/licenses/lotteries/bear.html

Offline dakids

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2013 MNO Fishing Challenge Champ!
YES!!!!!!
I'M A WINNER!
Anything that is free is worth saving up for.

Offline corny13

• Master Outdoorsman
Congrats! :happy1:  What Unit?  Ill prob be hunting in the Chippewa somewhere around Leech Lake... havent heard if my brotherinlaw drew a tag he also applied.  Last time I drew a tag  it was my first time bear hunting  baiting myself ( went to canada a couple of times).  Learning curve... I had too many bait stations(6) all were getting hit and I kept baiting them all.. then about ran out of bait.  Of course sat at the stand Yogi was coming to and he out smarted me only would come in in the dark.  Had another bait station that two smaller bears were coming in and never had a night to sit at... :bonk:

Offline beeker

• Master Outdoorsman
the kid got turned down... area 51... guess my cinnamon bear will have to wait a year
If science fiction has taught me anything, it's that you can never have enough guns and ammo when the zombies come back to life... "WS"

Offline jkcmj

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
The boy and I are in for area 31!  :happy1:

I havn't drawn a tag since 2007 season, so I was up to 3 preferance points, my son last drew when he got his first bear in 2008 and so had 2 preferance points.  We drew every year between 2002 and 2007 in area 31 prior to that.

Offline beeker

• Master Outdoorsman
it's been a while since I applied in mn.. didn't think it would be an issue. I'll watch and see if any become available
If science fiction has taught me anything, it's that you can never have enough guns and ammo when the zombies come back to life... "WS"

Offline dakids

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Zone 44.  Also will be hunting the chip north of remer.

I will be hunting with my dad who has never hunted bear before.  Should be fun.  Fish during the day, bait between 2-3 and hunt until dark, sleep than do it all over again the next day.

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline corny13

• Master Outdoorsman
Knowing my luck I prob wont be drawn this time... :banghead:  Sure did get my hopes up, driving to the Lake this afternoon, All I did was think about where to put a couple baits this august.....as well as where to find a bunch of good bait! :scratch:  Even took down my cameras at my farm and brought them along for the summer... :doah:

Offline jkcmj

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
So what I want to know, is since the website stated my preferance points correctly, what was the mistake?

Offline jigglestick

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Ice house rentals on Lake Winnibigosh
    • www.campjigglestick.com
somebody higher up probably didn't get their tag. :king:
take a kid hunting and fishing!!

THWACK KILLS!!

Offline corny13

• Master Outdoorsman
 :cry:  Bummer....new drawing is done....No tag for me.....  :cry:  ...Had my hopes up....maybe my brotherinlaw was successfull...I'll have 3 preference points next year,or maybe able to get one if a succefull drawer doesn't buy their tag..new this year.

Offline BIG 6 BUCK

• Outdoorsman
Corny.... where did you get the info for the re draw???  not on the dnr site
Minnesota Archery Prostaff

Offline corny13

• Master Outdoorsman
This is really weird... this am a friend called and told me you could check on line, I did this am and there was a link on the bear page to check to see if you got one for the new drawing.  I put in my number and it said" sorry you werent drawn" and gave my prefernce points..2  Now tonight I looked and the link was taken down and just the same old saying that they are re drawing???   IS the DNR just trying to get my hopes up  to Crush it  again..????????????

Offline corny13

• Master Outdoorsman
I heard they had a glitch again in the second drawing. :scratch:.. why it was taken down quickly....maybe there is still hope... :doah:

Offline corny13

• Master Outdoorsman
Third time is NOT the Charm for me... :cry:...Hope you have better luck than I,   3rd drawing results are in http://www.dnr.state.mn.us/licenses/lotteries/bear.html

Offline dakids

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
I got lucky.  Hope they don't have to draw a 4th time. :happy1: