Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: preparing squirrels?  (Read 9522 times)

Offline UplandObsession

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Well no longer have to cook the squirrel for anyone else, but myself. The old lady ended it partially because of my obsession with fishing, hunting, and the outdoors...

Offline kenhuntin

• Master Outdoorsman
  • FISH CHAMP#1 2010#10 2009#4 2008 colapsed 2011
Sad to hear. Good matches are not easy to find. As long you are not constantly chasing whitetail I am sure it won't take long for another splittail to come around and try to take her place.
A gun owner is a citizen
Those without are subjects

Offline Mayfly

• Master Outdoorsman
    • MNO
You guys are all crazy. Your not supposed to eat tree rats!  :puke:

Offline Dan R.

• Master Outdoorsman
You guys are all crazy. Your not supposed to eat tree rats!  :puke:

:happy1: I'm with you Tim I have never been that hungry  :puke:
spuds@mnoutdoorsman.com
Voted #1 Outdoors Website in MN (www.minnesotaoutdoorsman.com )

Offline cavibird2005

• Outdoorsman
I like to 1/4 them, marinate in brown sugar and Bourbon over night, wrap in bacon and smoke'em. Low n Slow, no preference on wood. Always seems to work. Unless you using old pallet wood :sick:
Was a learning experience
"Humility is not thinking less of yourself, but thinking of yourself less” C.S. Lewis

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
tree rats are good eatin. brown them then bake them like chicken. we have a game feed in town at one of the local pubs its the first crock pot empty.
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline spear foot 1

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Hey, glen you have to let me know when and where you have a game feed. We have one in freeport every winter also.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
OK WILL DO. ITS USUALLY when the cold spring granite co has there bowling tourney. either first weekend in march or feb. will let ya know! its always at winners next to the bowling alley in cold spring! we will be at the bar  :tequila; :drinking: :drinking: and of coure eatin!!!!!!! :dancinred: let me also know when yours is!
« Last Edit: September 09/22/11, 01:47:53 PM by glenn57 »
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline spear foot 1

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
will do  usually  in january at ackies in freeport.

Offline GRIZ

• Master Outdoorsman
I see you mentioned a game feed in freeport. I'm not far from there. How exotic do they get with the game? A friend has a game feed/trap shoot at his place the w/e before small game opener and the rule is if you need to know what it is you need not show up. Also am not far from cold spring.

For the most part it's just the usual dove, waterfowl, rabbit, squirrel, turtle, deer, pheasant and turkey. Someone usually manages to have elk or moose but there has been beaver, coon and porcupine. I have a few new treats in mind if I can get them but following the don't ask don't tell rule I can't let the cat outta the bag.
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first."
~Thomas Jefferson