Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Yamaha 4 wheelers  (Read 1071 times)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
head an interesting conversation with my brother yesterday. back in 2018 mom bought a new 700 yamaha wheeler for the cabin. about the same time my brother bought one and so did my stepdad for mom around his farm.

the one at the cabin was starting really hard. so we decided it was time for a new battery. long story short, brother had gone to stepdads to hunt the doe only season 2nd weekend in dec. stepdad, Jerry said he took  his wheeler in to get a new battery where he bought it. they told him yamaha is having issues with the starters and fuel pumps on them and are fixing them under warranty work, no fees. so both Jerry and my brother had there wheelers fixed up!

so thinking i'll bring it home to find a yammy dealer........still think i'm replacing the battery, i believe its the original as long as i got it apart. gotta replace my battery to on my can-am!!

so iffin anyone hads a yammy from about that time i'd look into it!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: Our Grizzly is a 2011/550 & we're on at least our 3rd, maybe even our 4th, battery on that. We have rigged up our own battery tender for it so we can hook up 1 of the cheap Harbor Freight float chargers to it without having to mess with any of the plastic molding. We don't plug it in much in the Summer but in the Spring & Fall when the temps drop at night it's usually plugged in overnight.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
:scratch: Our Grizzly is a 2011/550 & we're on at least our 3rd, maybe even our 4th, battery on that. We have rigged up our own battery tender for it so we can hook up 1 of the cheap Harbor Freight float chargers to it without having to mess with any of the plastic molding. We don't plug it in much in the Summer but in the Spring & Fall when the temps drop at night it's usually plugged in overnight.
i usually plug in and recharge all the batteries at the cabin when i'm up there with the trickle chargers.

little off the wheeler topic, but my brother got a new boat with a 90 yammy outboard a while back. he takes it in every early winter to have it serviced for winter. the guy at the boat dealer told him putting a trickle charger on the batteries will ruin the batteries?? :surrender: :scratch: :doah:

i hear to many guys that swear by the trickle chargers to not to continue to do it!!!! amd generally speakin i think the batteries last longer then there expected life time.
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I just charge my trolling motor batteries before winter storage and the starting motor battery is topped off and leave them in the boat all winter.  Have always done it and no problems here.  We have a 2005 Grizzly 660 and was starting hard so got a new battery and is great now. 

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
All of our boat, mower, & motorcycle batteries get pulled & then put in the garage or the basement where we have the in-floor heat on. Fluid levels are checked, if they're not maintenance free, & a regular charger put on to make sure they're fully charged too. Then each 1 gets it's own 2 amp charger. We check 'em in the Spring again before they get installed but we think it helps the batteries last longer too.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
I've got trickle chargers on EVERYTHING!
2 riding lawnmowers
My 4 cycle 15hp Yamaha boat motor
The M Farmall plowing tractor
The JD snowblower tractor
The Yamaha Big Bear 4 wheeler
The 72" Swisher field mower
1984 Lund with 2 trolling motor batteries and one starter.... 🤔 Did I forget anything...

Anyways, I believe in them....saves on me buying batteries. A buddy that works on small engines recommend that I do it, and I never looked back. He also said to always check the water levels to maintain battery life.

Yup, I forgot one...my Ford 2006 King Ranch... I have one on there too....
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!