Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: red squirls  (Read 4864 times)

Offline younghunt13

• Outdoorsman
What would you use to shoot a red squirl that is running up and down a tree?
 :help:

Offline repoman

• Master Outdoorsman
  • take the shot
.22 , .17 or your new 12 g  ;D

Offline younghunt13

• Outdoorsman
Ok because I was trying to peg them with a .22 but couldn't hit them because they were running up and down a tree. :bump:

Offline repoman

• Master Outdoorsman
  • take the shot
get a squrril call and then when u see them squeze it , the animal will usually freeze for a sec or 2 so you can shoot it , u can get the call at gander for like 5.00

Offline younghunt13

• Outdoorsman
Thanks I'll look in to that.

Offline Grute Man

• Master Outdoorsman
  • White Bear Lake
Or use a shot gun like he said but be careful that you're not to close or you'll end up killing, skinning, and gutting him all in one slick move.  Use some #8 shot. 

GRUTE  :dancinred:
If ya don't know where ya are, go back to da beginnin.

Offline Mayfly

• Master Outdoorsman
    • MNO
A friend and I used to hunt squirrels all the time in high school. We hunted an oak forest and the little suckers were everywhere. What we would do is lay low and wait for them to come out. I just used my shotgun (410) and he used a 22 with a scope. We would walk into the woods and the squirrels would scatter. Sometimes you would get a shot but it was more fun to wait. We would find a comfortable spot and sit down and relax and watch the trees. It didn't take long and soon one would pop out. Then he would get it in his sights and the squirrel would never know what hit'em. I was in a Video Production class my Junior and Senior year if high school and we once brought a camera out and filmed this but a few years after high school I borrowed the video to him and have never seen it since.......what a bummer!

Offline Randy Kaar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Randy aka bh
when i was young....  so long ago...  i used to shoot chipmunks
and red squirrels with 22 buckshot. what a blast!

randy aka bh
Voted #1 Outdoors Website in MN ( www.mnoutdoorsman.com )!
bonehead149@yahoo.com
bonehead@mnoutdoorsman.com

Offline wildlifeminnesota

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota
22.They good targe.  :fudd: :fudd:

Offline GRIZ

• Master Outdoorsman
I have a squirrel call and you can imitate their chatter without one simply by using your mouth and lips. I haven't used a squirrel call since I bought it. Just easier than bring extra stuff with.
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first."
~Thomas Jefferson

Offline Squirrel_Hunter_Gray

• Minnow
I prefer a .22 for squirrel but have used a 20 gauge shotgun. For a little red squirrel, a BB or pellet gun should work (if legal in your area).

Offline wildlifeminnesota

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota
We are going squirrel:  fudd: we are we are we are going to get them squirrel we are. There are fast and like to hide but we are going to get them squirrel. They like to jump from tree to tree. They like to hide around the tree but we are going to get them their squirrel. We will use are 22 and are shot guns and are BB and are pellet guns and maybe are sling shot too. But we are going to get them squirrel. 
 :fudd: :fudd: :fudd: :fudd: :fudd: :fudd: :fudd: :fudd: :fudd: :fudd: :fudd: :fudd: :fudd: :fudd: :fudd: :fudd: :fudd: :fudd: :fudd: :fudd: :fudd: :fudd: :fudd: :fudd: :fudd: :fudd: :fudd: :fudd: :fudd: :fudd: