Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Anyone for shooting league Sporting Clays?  (Read 17036 times)

Offline thunderpout

• Master Outdoorsman
Cody, I dont know if ya made it to Cabelas, but the Rios were about $60 or so a case, didnt see any super x, I also hit Joes sporting goods, The best deal they had was $67 a case for estates... Cowboy, A friend of mine said the cost of lead shot has gone up in cost even more than shells have... I guess it all depends what your time is worth and how busy you are doing other things, seems I barely have enough time to get out and practice once in a blue moon... And if I had the $$$ to buy a nice reloading setup, Id probably rather spend the cash on another gun or another guitar.... :whistling:

Offline Cody Gruchow

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2016 Mno rockbass challenge champion
i didnt manage to stop at cableas, i think ill go out there next weekend and check it out, but i might just stick with the shot i have now, i like it and it seems to work just fine, except with that one jam :banghead: but i am looking at some new guns, another semi-auto maybe an over-under always wanted on of those, but i might just buy 4 cases at gander mountian before they all dissappear.

Offline thunderpout

• Master Outdoorsman
That's a good idea I think...youll find as the season goes on, the target loads supply gets thinner and thinner... Cody, maybe we can bribe Mncowboy to load a bunch for us...at a MNO discount!? ;) (Hint) :happy1:

Offline mncowboy

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
LOL

against the law for me to sell reloads, i have no licence and the liabity would be to great if something were ever to go wrong!!

i shot 7/8 oz loads at 1225fps  in 8.5 and also 7.5 shot size.  very little recoil and they smash the targets when i do my part.  somedays it dont seam like i can do nothing right and other i cant miss.

there are more of the first than the later!!!

monty

Offline Benny

• Master Outdoorsman
MNCOWBOY, did I read your post right about Cabela's having cases of Winchester shells for $49???

I assume thats the high speed 1 oz loads, or was that AA's?

Even so that's a super great price, I can't even get the cheap forien rounds for that price buying direct from a whole saler.

Benny
"What we have here is a failure to communicate"

Offline mncowboy

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
not aa but super x target shells,  it was about a week in a half that i saw them dont know if they still have any left. give them a call

monty

Offline thunderpout

• Master Outdoorsman
Was there on Sunday, They had a pretty good deal on Rio's, but the Winchesters were all gone, but they may get more in....

Offline thunderpout

• Master Outdoorsman
Was at Cabelas again Saturday, they had a bunch more XX's $49.99 a case...tough to beat that.... although they are 1oz. loads, so a bit lighter than I usually shoot, but being 15 to 20 buckolas cheaper...they will work just fine....

Offline Cody Gruchow

• Master Outdoorsman
sounds like i will have to go there and buy 2 or 3 cases.

Offline thunderpout

• Master Outdoorsman
Hey Cody, We filled our squad this weekend... got another guy I know from tourneys, really good guy... His names Kevin, both he and Tad, the last "free agent" I signed will be our top guys this year...really good shooters!  :dancinred:  They both shot this weekend, not sure what they did for scores yet, told the guys we got a sponser and they were pretty happy about it!  I'll let ya know when they're thinkin about gettin out for the next month.... :happy1:

Offline Cody Gruchow

• Master Outdoorsman
ok sounds great, um i am going there this weekend to talk with the owner or someone out there about bigger groups, because i am trying to get a get-together and have like a fun shoot out there and maybe grill a bit. and i dont know how that all works, so gonna ask them. and sense i out there i think ill go shoot a bit, a little practice doesnt hurt.

Offline thunderpout

• Master Outdoorsman
I think they have grills for ya to use... some of the squads shoot together during the week there after work and grill up dinner after shooting.... I believe they have group rates for things like that, but i'm not sure how big of a group ya need... but yeah that'd be fun... Let me know when/if yer goin, I might head up ther also.  Gotta get my 20g out, got the State small guage shoot there at wild marsh in like a month, might even use it for league to get some rounds through it... but yeah let me know. Thanx.

Offline Cody Gruchow

• Master Outdoorsman
well i most definitaly will be there this saturday rain or shine, ill be there by 11am, with my buddy also, but i need to work out a date for the group shoot so everyone can check there calenders, i have a few of the staff that are already interested in it, just need some dates to work with, i know it would be on a saturday for sure. but yeah if you want to meet me there on saturday that would be great its fun to shoot with you, im going to work on the odd number stations, seems those ones i have the most problems with.

Offline thunderpout

• Master Outdoorsman
Yo Cody, Im workin early Sat and Sun but should be free'd up on Sat to shoot... I'll give ya a call on yer cell if I cant make it, but its lookin good as I speak.  Hopefully I'll see ya up there.... :happy1:

Offline Cody Gruchow

• Master Outdoorsman
fun to shoot with you again greg. i imporve by atleast 8 targets everytime i go out, still need to pick up atleast 20 more before i am satisfied

Offline thunderpout

• Master Outdoorsman
Yeah that was cool... Yep, you've gotten better each time out!  That's awesome... ya gotta remember that we all have days once and a while where we dont do so hot...then ya just try to figure out where ya slipped and then work on the stuff you can be better on, kinda like we did on Saturday.  Thats where some folks go wrong, they will keep workin on things they're comfortable with and good at, and ignore they're faults and dont try to improve on them... I thought that was pretty cool when ya said ya wanted to hit those stations that ya didnt do so hot on previously...that showed me you really wanted to learn and improve, instead of just coasting and hitting the stations you did well on before!  Youre gonna be kicken the other guys butts before long! :bow: Its good to never be satisfied, but I would be proud, right now of how youre coming along like you are... :happy1:

Offline Cody Gruchow

• Master Outdoorsman
well i went from 18 on the odd numbers before saturday  :doah: alll the way to 28-29 i think. but i aint going to be happy until i get mid thirtys but i always want to improve. lol let alone i did well on ones i had real troubles with before and the wind seemed to make me shoot better. but that dock station has still got me by the ear, i just cant figure that one out

Offline thunderpout

• Master Outdoorsman
Alot of guys have issues with targets that are up in the sky the whole time with no background behind the targets... it makes it tougher to judge speed, and other things... just wait till Chris sets up a few rabbit stations... theres usually at least one station every month that will bring ya to yer knees and make ya say to yourself...  :censored:, god I love this game! :rotflmao:

Offline Cody Gruchow

• Master Outdoorsman
thats my problem with 2 of the stations, i seem to have a weakness for the ones that just sit up there, yeah i think he was setting up some rabbit targets when we were there. i cant wait for those ones. i think i might go back out there next saturday lol not the 10th but the 17th.