Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: This is part 2 of a 4 part questions that i have posted around the board in diff  (Read 2930 times)

Offline Tami

• Master Outdoorsman
  • NorthernGal --Voted #1 Outdoors Website in MN
This is part 2 of a 4 part questions that i have posted around the board in different threads..

Do you think by opening up more shooting fields in each city, for sighting in and target shooting, it will clean up all the make shifts sight places in the woods.. I have notice a lot of cardboard, garbage and empty shells scattered all around sighting places that are in the woods.. It's an eye sore..

I would like to hear from all members on this, please let me know your views and any suggestions you have have on this.

Watch for part 3 and 4 next week.

ng
« Last Edit: April 04/07/08, 09:45:14 AM by Northerngal »
the hurrier I go, the behinder I get
Best place for Bait.....Babes Bait... Babe's is locally known as “the best little bait shop in Ely”. Tackle and Fresh Bait

Offline thunderpout

• Master Outdoorsman
It may help, but you'll allways have those weekend warriors sippin beers and plinking where they see fit, and nothin wrong with that If the dumb  :censored: would pick up after themselves!  Leave the spot cleaner than ya find it.... :bonk:

Offline Cody Gruchow

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2016 Mno rockbass challenge champion
i agree with pout on this, even if you did open up more shooting ranges, there will always be a few if not more guys who want to have a good time and they drink when they out in the woods and dont want to carry the empty back so they just throw it on the ground, we acually had a problem like this with a cousin of mine who does all kinds of hunting on the land but he litters like nothing ive ever seen before and me and everyone else got tired of picking up after him and told him if he cant treat the land right he aint allowed back and we kicked him off for the whole year and now there aint no more problems he learned his lesson, but for the shells casing's i think its a little bit different, i for one pick up my casing when im in the deer stand and that is about it, say im squirrel hunting i dont want to search around for the .22 casings and so on.

Offline Faceman

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Opening more ranges will not lessen the amount of people shooting in the woods and it definately wont lessen the number of people who dont care where they leave garbage.

I have already taught both my boys about garbage. When we first started camping and it was time to leave we all picked up all of our trash. Then I asked the boys to pick up some other stuff laying around and they said we didnt put that stuff there. I immediately said it doesnt matter always leave the camp cleaner than you found it and mybe the next person will to. I have been to several camp spots that are littered real bad and I have been to some that are spotless with nice fire rings already made from big rocks. I love that when you actually find a clean camping spot.

A couple of places that we camp are actually small gravel or sand pits. I choose these spots because we love to shoot and they have perfect backstops. We always pickup our target and shotshell casings. The 22 shells we leave.
Vegetarian: Old indian word for bad hunter.

Offline wildlifeminnesota

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota
NO I agree with all posts so far.I have 4 that I know of in a 25 mile from home.We as people need to :police: are selfe in to doing what is right and pick it up and if they do not some one  need to do it for them and just clean it up.Just some people just do not get it.

Offline EagleEyeJack

• Outdoorsman
No, I do not think that it will have any impact at all. The people that use the woods and leave there trash are using the woods because it does not cost them anything and they can do what they want there.

I would love to see more ranges opened in the metro area. Most are members only or have been closed because of noise issues. I am trying to find an outdoor range in the metro and it is hard to find one that I do not have to join.

Offline Spinach

• Outdoorsman
  • Woodbury Mn
No, I do not think that it will have any impact at all. The people that use the woods and leave there trash are using the woods because it does not cost them anything and they can do what they want there.

My thoughts exactly......
MNO Fishing Reports
Voted #1 Outdoors Website in MN
Support MNO Sponsors
AKA "Spinach"

Offline thunderpout

• Master Outdoorsman
There used to be a really nice outdoor range up in Shereburne sponsered by the state/dnr but they closed it down because of some :censored: shooting outside the grounds and some locals who lived near by had bullets hitting their property... Too bad, the place was really set up nice, there were bunkers and big back stops with a clay throwing area even!  It just takes one moron ta screw it up for everyone....