Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Ruffed Grouse Society Clays shoot!  (Read 3080 times)

Offline thunderpout

• Master Outdoorsman
Saturday May 31st, 10am start! Wild Marsh Sporting Clays is hosting the 6th annual RGS fun shoot again... Food, Games, Prizes and Lots of fun!  ;D (They even give ya two boxes of shells!)Money goes to improving habitat and grouse and woodcock conservation.... website & details: www.twincitiesrgs.com EVERYONE'S WELCOME! Let me know if ya want to attend or have any questions! :happy1:

Offline Cody Gruchow

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2016 Mno rockbass challenge champion
to bad only a handful of people showed up, it was a gorgeous day for it

Offline thunderpout

• Master Outdoorsman
Yep, too bad about the lack of support,  I know there was a big tourney down in New Ulm, but ya still think more would show up.  Maybe everyone was doing yardwork... I wonder if more could be done in the way of advertising/promoting it...

Offline Roosterslayer

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
If there is another tournement out there please post it up. I am totally addicted!

Offline Cody Gruchow

• Master Outdoorsman
i think there is one at wild marsh this weekend or next. Greg aka thunderpout has the date

Offline thunderpout

• Master Outdoorsman
Hey guys, yeah, the annual Wild Marsh Cup is this weekend, on Sunday two 100 rounds of clays(200 total, 100 in the am, 100 more at noon) Dave Peterson set targets( his job entails traveling around just setting up targets!) on Saturday, theres the "Dixie Cup" which is a mini small guage tournemant, 410,28, & 20g's all 50 rounds and a 50round 12g fun course.... the Wild Marsh Cup is a blast, I shoot it every year, it has some of the best targets you'll see all year in the different tourneys, except for the state shoots.  Most tourneys are NSCA registered shoots(national sporting clays association) which put shooters into brackets from E class up to Master class.(it goes, in order: E, D, C, B, A, AA, Master) For new shooters, or those who just want to shoot a tourny or two a year there is Hunter class, but ya dont win money or trophy's unless ya come in first in the class & its just a trophy.... The NSCA keeps track of your tournament shooting and oversee's tournaments in the state and the whole USA.  I think they start ya out at D class now, and ya move up (or down) in classes by gaining "punches" from finishing among the best in your class at shoots.  You guys should give it a try!  The state championship shoot is at Minnesota Horse and Hunt Club this year in August also, which is always a great place for tourneys.  Thats where the whole Sporting Clays thing started in the US about 20yrs ago...  Let me know if ya want to shoot this weekend, Im shooting with Kevin and Tad from our league team in a group, I think we have room... they usually squad 5 people together, or they will put ya into other squads that need filling up.(its alot more fun with people ya know) Just let me know if youre interested... I know I  :blablabla:'d on the NSCA stuff, but I thought I'd give ya the skinny on that stuff, figured ya'd want to know. :happy1:

Offline Cody Gruchow

• Master Outdoorsman
well i wanted to but unfortunatly i cant this weekend :cry:, isnt the registration like 100 bucks? i have some bills to pay with this check :banghead:

Offline thunderpout

• Master Outdoorsman
Unbelieveable targets at the Wild Marsh Cup Tourney this weekend!  Toughest rabbit targets Ive ever seen... about 45 yds away and goin full tilt!  Took like a 10-12 ft. lead! :doah: Then there were the springing teal at like 50-60 yards.... I need work on my long pokes big time! :whistling: You guys would have had a blast.  The State shoot is august 14-17th at prior lake horse & hunt club, lots of events and shooting games and other stuff to check out!  AND MORE TARGETS THAT MAKE YA GO HMMMMM!?! ;)  Let me know if anyones interested.... Cody I forgot, We also need to get our banquet tickets next time we shoot league! :chef: (remind me!) ya can also get em for other people for pretty cheap, but ya have to get em ahead of time!