Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Ice Fishing & Snowmobile Trip ?  (Read 2140 times)

Offline walleyechasers3

• Outdoorsman
  • Tripoli, Iowa **USA**
We are planning a ice fishing and snowmobile trip to MN the end of December into January. We have 4 snowmobiles, ice fishing gear, 2 flip over portables. Would like to stay in a cabin along trails and by a lake. Looking for ideas on where to go and name of places to stay. LOTW or any place where there is excellent ice fishing and snowmobiling.  ;D  Shoot me some ideas

:help: :help: :help: :help: :help:

Offline Truman

I told you about this place on a different site, and is close enough to the Iowa border, you would save a ton on gas. Martin County is full of great lakes and snowmobile trails, and these cabins are right on the lake:

http://www.halllakecabins.com/

Offline Dan R.

• Master Outdoorsman
Check out Border View Lodge they are on Lake of the Woods 12 miles north of Baudette
Many trails to ride, also there is a main trail on the lake Can/Am trail i think
is the name. You can leave the resort ride up to the Northwest Angle or you can even
ride into Kenora, but would have to have a border pass & passport
check out the resort @ www.borderviewlodge.com or pm me with your address i will
mail you a color brochure & rates

spuds
« Last Edit: October 10/07/08, 06:21:48 PM by spuds »
spuds@mnoutdoorsman.com
Voted #1 Outdoors Website in MN (www.minnesotaoutdoorsman.com )

Offline fishwiz4

• Outdoorsman
i have spent alot of time around Walker, MN (leech lake) and i have to say it is amazing.  obviously has great fishing and great fishing community, and the snowmobile trails are great!  not straight and boring, but have many hills and turns and there are plenty of "play" areas.

deffinatly shop around the walker area before you make a descision.

fishwiz

Offline laker

• Outdoorsman
Northern MN is full of great destinations for just the type of vacation you're inquiring.

Park Rapids over to Walker areas are oustanding with great scenery and real decent fishing.

Kabetogema and Namaken areas are a ways up, but also are great fun.

LOTW has great fishing

Grand Rapids has lots of choices.

Detroit Lakes area is loaded with great lakes and trails.

Those are just a few places I've done just as you are thinking of doing. They're all a bit different, but all very enjoyable. Have a great time!

Offline Fat8oy

• Minnow
I told you about this place on a different site, and is close enough to the Iowa border, you would save a ton on gas. Martin County is full of great lakes and snowmobile trails, and these cabins are right on the lake:

http://www.halllakecabins.com/

I grew up in Fairmont and used to live right by this place. The fishing is very good on Hall lake and Sisseton Lake in Fairmont.

Offline Fish Guide

• Outdoorsman
    • Minnesota Fishing Guide Service
I would concentrate on the Walker/ Park Rapids Area--trails and places to stay, how much are you guys willing to pay for renting a cabin for the weekend?  I may know of a couple of places--one in Park Rapids and one in Nevis--both near more trails than you can ride and on decent lakes for fishing,
"To put fish in the box, fish outside the box"

Minnesota Fishing Guide Service
www.minnesotaguideservice.com