Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: What is a fair price?  (Read 2145 times)

Offline BiggA

• Master Outdoorsman
A friend of mine is trying to sell me his 870. He doesnt hunt any more and wants some cash. It is a 870 express super mag with a pine ridge scope. I believe it is a smooth barrel. It was used 2 seasons. What do you all think would be a fair price to pay? I havent been able to get to any sport stores to price new so I am not sure.

Thanks,
Aaron

Offline JohnWester

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Kabetogama, MN
check out www.gunbroker.com and look for the equivalent... you should get an idea of what they are selling for.
If a gun kills people then I can blame a pen for my misspells?

IBOT# 286 big_fish_guy

Offline BiggA

• Master Outdoorsman
Thanks for the link. I didnt find anything with the short barrel but I think his starting price of 500 seems pretty high.

Offline jimmybaker

I cant seem to figure out how to run an add for a rifle that Im trying to sell.Any help would be appreciated.Thanks Jim

Offline johnnies07

I'd need more info before I could give you a specific price.
Wood stock? Synthetic, camo?
Smooth bore barrel with rifle sights and saddle mount scope or cantilever barrel and scope?
3.5 inch chamber on the barrel?
What kind of condition?
Do you get both a slug barrel and a bird barrel or just the slug barrel?
Specifics on scope...

I'd say a fair price for a bare-bones 870 Super Mag with wood stock, smooth bore barrel and saddle mount scope that's in good condition would be right around $300.

Offline Ryan

• Master Outdoorsman
    • Website Design
I cant seem to figure out how to run an add for a rifle that Im trying to sell.Any help would be appreciated.Thanks Jim

If you are talking about this site just go into the classifieds area and create a new topic.