Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Oops!!!  (Read 3943 times)

Offline Spinach

• Outdoorsman
  • Woodbury Mn
I'm really pissed now, I had an 18" Crappie in my freezer that was going to be mounted, well in preperation for the IBOT fest, i had to empty my basement freezer to fit all the burger cases, steaks and other food, I set the damn Crappie on the counter and never put it back in the freezer! I just got home a little while ago and saw it sitting in the washroom on the counter, 3 full days worth of thawing. Luckily I had it wrapped in 2 bags and a towel, so it never did stink up the house.

Now I'm wondering if I should throw it away? On second thought maybe I should refreeze it and take the measurements and have a replica done.

What a bummer.....
« Last Edit: December 12/21/07, 01:29:04 AM by Pat Turnquist »
MNO Fishing Reports
Voted #1 Outdoors Website in MN
Support MNO Sponsors
AKA "Spinach"

Offline Mayfly

• Master Outdoorsman
    • MNO
That was a nice crappie! Have seen it with my own eyes...what a great site it was. I think it deserves a replica or maybe the fish can be salvaged..? Don't know much about taxidermy but maybe something can be done?

Offline Benny

• Master Outdoorsman
I second the re freeze and get a replica if they can't save this one.

Replica's are not much more expensive than a real mount from what I have been told.

The Muski on the wall behind the register at Vadoes was one my buddy caught on Cass, it is a replica and he said it was actualy cheaper by $50 to get it done that way.

But thats a 54 inch mount too.

Benny
"What we have here is a failure to communicate"

Offline ScottPugh

• Master Outdoorsman
Replica would be my vote...

Offline Russ-Judy

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
refreeze it asap then take it to the mounter to get his thought

Offline GRIZ

• Master Outdoorsman
You'd be surprised at what a taxidermist can do. I agree with russ bring it in and get thier thoughts.
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first."
~Thomas Jefferson

Offline LLtaxidermy

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Yeah refreeze it. Most likely after 3 days it's no good but if measurements can be taken you can get a replica.
Lee Ledford
Leland Ledford Taxidermy
507-990-5882

Offline Super Star!

• Master Outdoorsman
    • www.skinsandfinstaxidermy.com
what i would do is catch a bigger one :happy1: and mount him. Everything happens for a reason right???