Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: I am getting one of these  (Read 2759 times)

Offline kenhuntin

• Master Outdoorsman
  • FISH CHAMP#1 2010#10 2009#4 2008 colapsed 2011
There is always a new gadget to better your on ice experience. Most are helpful to a limited audience. I found this in the Outdoor news. What do you think? www.strikemaster.com It is called the slushmaster It pushes the slush down and out out the hole using a cordless drill creating a whirlpool. I believe it will allow a guy to walk around the house in stocking feet a heck of alot sooner than carrying buckets and tossing them out the door.

http://www.strikemaster.com/store/icefish_accessories/slushmaster.html

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: November 11/15/08, 10:01:55 PM by Jeff »
A gun owner is a citizen
Those without are subjects

Offline jigglestick

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Ice house rentals on Lake Winnibigosh
    • www.campjigglestick.com
ken, my old man has one of those.
he likes it.
I havent used it yet though.
looks to simple :scratch:
take a kid hunting and fishing!!

THWACK KILLS!!

Offline kenhuntin

• Master Outdoorsman
  • FISH CHAMP#1 2010#10 2009#4 2008 colapsed 2011
Thanks for the Picture Woody And send me some Ice shack prices Jiggle The family wants a ice getaway. All six, I would be the only boy though.
A gun owner is a citizen
Those without are subjects

Offline ThunderCAT

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
I haven't seen that one in use, but I have seen one like it used before (it was from Zero Degree Tackle). Here's a pic of the one I've seen used in action - works SUPER slick. The day I saw it used we punch a ton of holes - sure was easier to clean the holes vs. the old scope with the number of holes we drilled!

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline fishwiz4

• Outdoorsman
my question is..... what if you have multiple holes that are pretty close to each other?  won't it just throw the slush under the ice and alot of it will float up into your other nearby holes?

Offline JohnWester

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Kabetogama, MN
my question is..... what if you have multiple holes that are pretty close to each other?  won't it just throw the slush under the ice and alot of it will float up into your other nearby holes?
that's what i figured.
If a gun kills people then I can blame a pen for my misspells?

IBOT# 286 big_fish_guy

Offline Spinach

• Outdoorsman
  • Woodbury Mn
That's the first thing I thought of too. i think I'll continue to use my big dipper when using my portables and the slush inhaler when using a permanent house. l'd rather spend my money on more tackle...
« Last Edit: November 11/19/08, 01:26:21 PM by Pat Turnquist »
MNO Fishing Reports
Voted #1 Outdoors Website in MN
Support MNO Sponsors
AKA "Spinach"

Offline Fish Guide

• Outdoorsman
    • Minnesota Fishing Guide Service
Save your money and effort dragging more stuff around--simply drill your hole, wait 10 seconds or so and use your existing auger to push the slush down the hole--like a plunger, will not be perfect but will save you a huge amount of time--especially when the ice is 20" thick.  Obviosly neither is needed if your outside and can pull the slush up onto the ice when drilling.  Good Luck
"To put fish in the box, fish outside the box"

Minnesota Fishing Guide Service
www.minnesotaguideservice.com

Offline mathews4ever

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
looks like it would work. I personally have no need for it though. I just keep the auger going full steam as I pull it out of the hole and that cleans the hole good enough for me.
« Last Edit: November 11/20/08, 07:51:56 AM by mathews4ever »
"when a hunter is in a tree stand with high moral values and proper hunting ethics and richer for the experience, that hunter is twenty feet closer to god." -Fred Bear-

Offline JCAMERON

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
  • "Johnny Camo Jr."
Here's a sure fire technique - When your auger cuts all the way through, keep it rotating and pull it up and out of the hole fast. Keep your legs spread away from the hole or you will get wet. This works for me every time, and it melts then refreezes any snow built up around your hole. Trust me, if you do it right it works.
"Superior... never gives up her dead when the gales of November come early."

Offline BigYooper

• Outdoorsman
I have always used a bucket and a scoop to clear the holes after dropping the house, last year our guide at Eelpout had one of these. If I buy a new house, I will be buying one of these. even clearing 8 holes, it was no problem.

for sure a good buy!

Offline finch

• Outdoorsman
Here's a sure fire technique - When your auger cuts all the way through, keep it rotating and pull it up and out of the hole fast. Keep your legs spread away from the hole or you will get wet. This works for me every time, and it melts then refreezes any snow built up around your hole. Trust me, if you do it right it works.

the drill and jerk technique..  works great for fishing open ice when it's slick and glassy, the slush freezes to add a nice rough place to stand on!  :dancinred:
"Give me your tired, your hungry, your poor... It's Americans that are tired, hungry, and poor.  so until you take care of that, close the book!" - Edward Norton, American History X