Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Clam Lighting Systems  (Read 1858 times)

Offline ThunderCAT

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Clam has two different types of rope lighting systems for sale on their website, and I was wondering if anyone knew the difference. They have their 3' Deluxe sysem but also have a 4ft Shelter Lighting System on close-out...

Other than the obvious "one's 3' and one's 4' long" answer, does anyone know what the different between the two is (if anything)?

Looking to maybe get into a rope light system for my Yukon. Thanks!

Offline iceman

• Master Outdoorsman
go with the 4' rope lite dont make the same mistake that i did  :doah:

the 4 footer will out out more lite then the 3 footer its peer fact !
On a quite nite up north you can almost here the deer laughing

Offline thunderpout

• Master Outdoorsman
A guy from Reeds said the newer 3ft are led's that are more easy on the batteries... but yeah, the 4ft ropes are brighter and not just because its longer.  Im not sure how much longer the 3ft's will go off a battery, but I got both and Id say try to get the 4ft if ya can, arent they also cheaper?

Offline Joe

• Master Outdoorsman
    • Outdoors Weekly
The rope lights work OK. I've got 2 of the 6' rope lights in my fish trap pro and it supplies enough light to fish, but I still need a head lamp to tie on a jig.   
Here's to a long life and a merry one.
A quick death and an easy one.
A pretty girl and an honest one.
A cold pint-- and another one!

Offline Woody

• Master Outdoorsman
The rope lights work OK. I've got 2 of the 6' rope lights in my fish trap pro and it supplies enough light to fish, but I still need a head lamp to tie on a jig.   

Same here, although mine are not Clam brand-don't think it makes a difference. 
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not. ~Thomas Jefferson

Got Freedom? Thank a Vet!!!
www.fawkinnae.com
www.atijigs.com

Offline thunderpout

• Master Outdoorsman
Where did you guys get the six foot rope lights?  AND how much are they & how much time about in amp hrs do ya get off one of those little 7ah depth finder batteries...?

Offline Woody

• Master Outdoorsman
I went on e-bay and searched 12 volt LED rope lights.  I ordered a kit that came with to connect multiple strands (which isn't necessary).  I believe Fleet Farm has the Clam 6' rope lights. 

As far as how long they last on a charge, couldn't tell you as I haven't used it long enough yet to find out.   :whistling:
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not. ~Thomas Jefferson

Got Freedom? Thank a Vet!!!
www.fawkinnae.com
www.atijigs.com

Offline RandyMan

• Minnow
  • Enjoy the Experience
Yea Hey!  :cold:
I have a 6 ft rope light I got off ebay - works great! but as stated above havin head lights helps when dealing with fishing line.

I have my 6 ft light, vex and some times a aquavu all tied into a big battery - have yet to run out! :nerd:
We run all over the place and some times spend a few nights so I went with this system a few years back and love it!
Enjoy the Experience

RandyMan

Offline Joe

• Master Outdoorsman
    • Outdoors Weekly
I got the 6' rope lights at Gander 3 or 4 years ago. They only sold them for $6.99 and they flew off the shelves. Now they are shorter and twice the price.  :scratch:

I'm not sure how many amp hrs you'd get, but I bet it could run those lights for a couple days at least.
Here's to a long life and a merry one.
A quick death and an easy one.
A pretty girl and an honest one.
A cold pint-- and another one!