Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: free male chesapeake  (Read 3334 times)

Offline jigglestick

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Ice house rentals on Lake Winnibigosh
    • www.campjigglestick.com
I have a problem.
I have a 2 yr old male chesapeake bay retriever.
his name is max and he is a very obiedient dog, but he is very high strung.
he does not get enough excercise like a dog that energetic should, and it is making him stir crazy.
I take him out and throw with him in the morning before i start the truck and my wife takes him out a few times a day.
he is like a thoroughbred. it is his breeding. i have never seen one with this much energy.
he has taken to nipping. a bad habbit he has had since he was a pup, but now my youngest wont even take him to the kennel.
he is getting very protective of us and our property and we live very close to the road, where in this lakes area we have alot of pedestrian traffic.
i just know he is going to get onto the road when someone walks by and nip at them.
this cannot happen.
he needs a different home.
he is a nice dog, responding well to praise and belly scratchin's.
he would make an unbelieveable dock jumper.
we had him neutered to take a little of his high spiritedness away. he has plenty to spare believe me. it wasn't that sucessful.
he is still a mainac.
we have come to the conclusion that if we can not find a suitable home for him, we will have to have him put down.

if anybody out there is into dock jumping or other agility events, you owe it to yourself to check max out.

anybody?
take a kid hunting and fishing!!

THWACK KILLS!!

Offline vickieschessies

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Can you try taking him to game fair this weekend. You may have some luck there. I will keep my ears open for you.
Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea. -Robert A. Heinlein
                   MNO Prefered sponsors

http://www.fawkinnae.com

Offline perch destroyer

• Outdoorsman
 Those dang Chessies can be so protective. But that nipping is a bad trait.
 I just ran the idea by Sandy about taking Max, but with only one acre to run around, so close to the road, a grandchild on the way and Moses being so protective also, we better not.
 Good luck finding a good home for him.

Behold The Fisherman. He riseth up early in the morning and disturbeth the whole household. Mighty are his preparations!
 He goeth forth full of hope, and when the day is spent--- He returneth smelling of strong drink and the truth is not in him!

Offline A-Rod

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Thats tough.  Hope you find a good home for him.

Offline perch destroyer

• Outdoorsman
 Sandy contacted our neighbor who runs a pet grooming business. She has friends that live on a lake by  Chaska who may be interested.
 I`ll let you know as soon as we hear back.

Behold The Fisherman. He riseth up early in the morning and disturbeth the whole household. Mighty are his preparations!
 He goeth forth full of hope, and when the day is spent--- He returneth smelling of strong drink and the truth is not in him!

Offline jigglestick

• Master Outdoorsman
Thanks P.D.
he realy does need a new home.
hope things are good with you and the family and the one on the way.

THWACK KILLS!!

Offline GRIZ

• Master Outdoorsman
Well I'd like to help out here. I love chessies and would like to get another dog. I've always had a chessie. I like them high strung but because of my job working on the road am unable to take care of dog properly.
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first."
~Thomas Jefferson

Offline Outdoors Junkie

• MNO Director
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • AKA "Outdoors Junkie"
Hey Jigglestick,

My dad might be interested in Max.  I told him about Max and he would like more info.  My dad loves to duck hunt.  Does Max like to hunt?  My dad has a 11 year old Golden Retriever that has retired from duck hunting.  So, he has been looking at pups, but would rather get an older dog.  My dad will be heading up to Upper Red Labor day weekend.  He drives right thru Deer River.  Maybe we can arrange a meeting?  Let me know.  OJ.
www.mnoutdoorsman.com
Voted #1 Outdoors Website in MN

Offline jigglestick

• Master Outdoorsman
thanks O.J.
pm sent.
I hope this would be a good match.

THWACK KILLS!!

Offline Outdoors Junkie