Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Caught cheating....  (Read 6991 times)

Offline JCAMERON

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
  • "Johnny Camo Jr."
Did anyone else hear about this -
http://www.startribune.com/local/40262092.html

What a shame. I think sandman was there, can't wait to see what he has to say.
"Superior... never gives up her dead when the gales of November come early."

Offline Woody

• Master Outdoorsman
I saw that on the news last night-pathetic! 
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not. ~Thomas Jefferson

Got Freedom? Thank a Vet!!!
www.fawkinnae.com
www.atijigs.com

Offline kingfisher1

• Master Outdoorsman
how sad is it that you'd have to smuggle a fish in to "win" a fishing contest?  It's people like him that give the rest of us true sportsman a bad name.
walleyes, pannies, esox, cats, I don't care, let's go fishing!!

Offline Mayfly

• Master Outdoorsman
    • MNO
I cant open the link....what does it say??

Offline sandmannd

• Master Outdoorsman
    • Chasin' Tail Fishin
That's insane. He was about 100' from us. I didn't see the fish caught, just say him running with it up to the weigh in. Reading the story, I would  believe he is guilty. Who would give up a truck if you didn't steal the truck without taking a lie detector?  :banghead: Jerks like this are what give everyone a bad name. This is the same guy that breaks into fish houses I would bet. He did wait till there was only 30 minutes left in the contest. Maybe he thought he was clear then.

Either way it's sick. I don't go to things like this expecting to take a huge prize home. I do it because the money goes to a charity. Pretty sad you have to bring in a fish to steel a truck from the youth!!  :doah:
Friends are like buttcheeks..........crap might separate them, but they come together in the end.

Offline Stensethfan

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
How could this guy honestly feel good about driving that truck around town?  What a complete douche.
Don't shoot anything you do not plan on eating ~ D. S.
If the women don't find you handsome at least they will find you handy!  Red Green

Offline snow

• Master Outdoorsman
Same thing happened several years ago at the forest lake contest,only this guy had the pike down his pant leg,from then on all fish weighed had to be "alive".

Rumors from "KQRS" this morning said the guy had a large aquarium with pike in it and the guys ex-wife ratted him out.
Hevi Shot Pro Staff
Hevi Shot.com

Offline jd mn/nd

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
They should charge him with "theft" as that is basically what he did!!! Just goes to show you that world is not always as rosey as we would like to think.

What I can't believe is that no one saw the guy pull it out of his coat and not catch the thing, usually when you hook something of that size it make a bit of commotion, and people notice it.
But when they interviewed him he just said well it is what is and that is just what did. He absolutly had no shame he even allowed the cameras to interview him. Man I tell you what, if I was his neighbors I would lock down everything and stand at the ready and never trust him, as he is the kind of guy that would steal you blind and never ever feel bad about it. As a matter of fact he is the kind of person that feels it is owed to him, just because.

People like that guy SUCK!!!

Offline snow

• Master Outdoorsman
Well it sounds like that can't/won't charge him because he fest'd up before the "poly graph" He did'nt take possession.
Hevi Shot Pro Staff
Hevi Shot.com

Offline sandmannd

• Master Outdoorsman
    • Chasin' Tail Fishin
I cant open the link....what does it say??

Wisconsin fishing contest winner accused of smuggling in winning pike
Associated Press

Last update: February 25, 2009 - 9:19 AM

At the end of Saturday's contest on Bass Lake in Somerset, Lee Shehow of New Richmond claimed to have caught the biggest fish, a northern pike weighing 2.42 pounds.

TV cameras were rolling when he was asked what he would do with the grand prize and replied: "Drive it like it's stolen."

But organizer John Montpetit said a tournament worker and an anonymous caller raised suspicions about the winner's soaked sweat shirt, and girls who sold refreshments told of the excessive amount of bottled water the man bought in the 14-degree weather.

Private investigators working for the tournament suspected the winning fish was smuggled in.

Under contest rules, the winner was offered the chance Sunday to take a lie detector test and refused, Montpetit said, and that meant the prize had to go to the runner-up, Monica Slimmer of La Crosse, who caught a northern pike weighing 1.72 pounds.

Montpetit said Shehow's only statement was that he did not want to cause controversy for the contest, a fundraiser for the Somerset Youth Athletic Association.

He said the St. Croix County Sheriff's Department now is looking into the matter.

Shehow denied cheating when interviewed by KARE-TV of Minneapolis-St. Paul. He said he caught the fish fairly and only gave up the prize because he didn't want to cause bad publicity for the youth athletic association and its kids.

"They'll get to the bottom of it and find out I didn't," he said. "It's just a matter of time."

Montpetit said Shehow declined an offer to appear at the news conference Tuesday, but Slimmer was there to collect her prize.

"She's such a sweetheart," Montpetit said. "She came all the way from La Crosse. She's just ecstatic."

Montpetit estimated the contest raised $100,000 for the youth athletic association.

No phone listing could be found for Shehow when The Associated Press tried to reach him Tuesday night for further comment.

Friends are like buttcheeks..........crap might separate them, but they come together in the end.

Offline Pegg

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
If today was perfect. There would be no need for tomorrow.

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
Some peoples kids. 
Eastwood v. Wayne Challenge Winner 2011

The Boogie Man may check his closet for John Wayne but John Wayne checks under his bed for Clint Eastwood

Offline Jdrummer

• Master Outdoorsman
That is a crazy! I think if the truck was a chevy he would of fought for it?   :rotflmao:
Pratice doesn't make perfect, Perfect pratice makes perfect!

Offline kgauker7

• Xtreme Outdoorsman

Offline Bufflehead

• Master Outdoorsman
  Should only cost about $100,000 to prosecute.... :scratch:

Don't worry..lot's of money in the budget

Maybe just ban him from future contests.....na..that's too easy
« Last Edit: February 02/27/09, 02:27:21 AM by Bufflehead »
There's plenty of room for all gods creatures...right next to my mashed potatoes

Offline sandmannd

• Master Outdoorsman
    • Chasin' Tail Fishin
Take his fishing license away. He did transport fish illegally. The truck cost enough to be classified as Felony Theft as well.

Offline Wagz

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Here is my 2 cents on it.

Guy sneaks in a 2lb northern. I dont think he thought he would win the truck. I think he thought he would be in the middle of the pack get an auger or a flasher. Then his little theft would go un noticed. I think we he won it all he got nervous and started to panic. Figured it would come down to something like this.

This does not make it any less wrong !!! but you got to wonder how many middle of the pack prizes ( that dont require a polygraph) or are looked at as closely as a truck ( or BIG prize) are taken home this way ?

Offline ironranger29

• Outdoorsman
pretty soon they'll be doin this  :moon: to check ya before the contests!!!        :police: squat and cough sir gotta make sure theres no crappies up there   
« Last Edit: February 02/28/09, 08:19:24 AM by ironranger29 »

Offline sandmannd

• Master Outdoorsman
    • Chasin' Tail Fishin
Here is my 2 cents on it.

Guy sneaks in a 2lb northern. I dont think he thought he would win the truck. I think he thought he would be in the middle of the pack get an auger or a flasher. Then his little theft would go un noticed. I think we he won it all he got nervous and started to panic. Figured it would come down to something like this.

This does not make it any less wrong !!! but you got to wonder how many middle of the pack prizes ( that dont require a polygraph) or are looked at as closely as a truck ( or BIG prize) are taken home this way ?

I doubt this was the case. The girl with the 1.7lb pike caught it about three minutes in and held the truck place from noon to 2:30. He "pulled" up the pike at 2:30 and weighed it, he knew he was gettin' the truck.