Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: I need a large mower and sprayer.  (Read 4847 times)

Offline Mayfly

• Master Outdoorsman
    • MNO
Just getting everything ready and starting to work on the 2009 plots and am in need of a couple peices of equipment. Maybe someone knows where they rent what we need??

We need a large pull behind gas powered mower and we also need ideally a 25 gallon pull behind sprayer.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!

:happy1:

Offline Woody

• Master Outdoorsman
Location? (what part of the state-city/county) Then I might be better able to point you to a rental center.  ;)
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not. ~Thomas Jefferson

Got Freedom? Thank a Vet!!!
www.fawkinnae.com
www.atijigs.com

Offline Mayfly

• Master Outdoorsman
    • MNO
Location? (what part of the state-city/county) Then I might be better able to point you to a rental center.  ;)

North metro - Forest Lake

Offline Woody

• Master Outdoorsman
Thank you!  Lemme look...... :scratch:
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not. ~Thomas Jefferson

www.fawkinnae.com
www.atijigs.com

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
From our experiences I would suggest buying a sprayer that mounts ON an atv rather than one you pull behind.  If your plot is rough the pull behind booms hit the ground when the small wheels go in holes.  Also, the ones you mount on your atv are have more mobility and eaiser to store.  I don't think you would want to rent one of these becaues they really aren't too expensive.  Tractor Supply has a 15 gal ATV mounted on for $229.  (They have the pull behind 15 or 25 gal also)
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline Mayfly

• Master Outdoorsman
    • MNO
We have a 15 gallon mount on but we need something that is more efficient and holds more water.

Offline kgauker7

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
ik that you can buy the 25 gal sprayer at a tractor supply store if you have any near by but thats bout all the help i can give ya

Offline Mayfly

• Master Outdoorsman
    • MNO
And the one we have is just a spot sprayer.....

Offline Randy Kaar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Randy aka bh
If you have the tank for the ATV, I can build a sprayer system that
will do a 4 foot path. I am designing one now. We will be testing it
at the property when we get up there.

randy
Voted #1 Outdoors Website in MN ( www.mnoutdoorsman.com )!
bonehead149@yahoo.com
bonehead@mnoutdoorsman.com

Offline beeker

• Master Outdoorsman
check northern.. we picked up a 25gallon sprayer from there last year and it works nice on the wheeler. I see random mowers on craigslist but they're almost as much as a new one some times. good luck finding one. we're planning on renting one this year just to see how it'll do on the rough turf we have.
If science fiction has taught me anything, it's that you can never have enough guns and ammo when the zombies come back to life... "WS"

Offline HUNTER2

• Master Outdoorsman
I thought I paid 3 hundred and some for the 30 gal sprayer with the 4' boom on it from Runnings.
HUNT & FISH TELL YA DROP
I.B.O.T.'s 249 & 250
 Handle every stressful situation like a dog.  If
                        you can't eat it or hump it.

Piss on it and walk away

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Here's one of the large mowers we have:

Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Mayfly

• Master Outdoorsman
    • MNO
I thought I paid 3 hundred and some for the 30 gal sprayer with the 4' boom on it from Runnings.

Thats about right.

Offline dakids

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2013 MNO Fishing Challenge Champ!
Dotch, how much does that fine looking mower cost?  I was also thinking of butchering one for the meat.  Do you have any for sale and how much.
Anything that is free is worth saving up for.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
The mower pictured is about $1500 and he's used primarily to create more little mowers. I'll pm you dakids and we can discuss commerce. ;)
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Woody

• Master Outdoorsman
Dotch, is it true those "mowers" will even eat Poison Ivy-and it won't affect them?

www.fawkinnae.com
www.atijigs.com

Offline Mayfly

• Master Outdoorsman
    • MNO
Thanks to all -

We found what we were looking for... I think.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Dotch, is it true those "mowers" will even eat Poison Ivy-and it won't affect them?

The answer is yes.