Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Opinions on what to plant early.  (Read 1369 times)

Offline cole

• Outdoorsman
I was just wondering if anyone has a good idea for planting early.  I ussually plat inthe end of june because the stuff I am planting comes up at the right time then but I am thinking of trying something new for earlier planting.   

Offline Big E

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Clover and chicory are great for frost seeding and provide protein for antler growth and fawn weight gain. I was thinking of trying some Kale and swede brassicas as they are a 120 day maturing brassica and produce a ton of forage but the deer normally won't hit them hard until after the 2nd hard frost.
Let the small bucks walk. Don't assume the neighbors will shoot them if you don't. If you shoot him what chance does that buck have to grow......ZERO!