Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: one track mind, or hard of hearing?  (Read 5633 times)

Offline jigglestick

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Ice house rentals on Lake Winnibigosh
    • www.campjigglestick.com
the other day I'm on the web, the kids are bashing around the house and the wife is yackety yack like usual.
not paying a whole lot of attention, i could of swore i heard her say "i see the minnow fin".
well she's in the other room by now, and i just blow it off. after a few minutes, my oldest yells something into the kitchen, and she replies"i see the minnow fin" once again. this time i know what i heard, puzzled, i stop with the computer and as she comes into the living room, i ask her "what the world are you talking about. she said "nothing".
"bull crud"." i heard what you said, and quite frankly it don't make a hill of beans worth of sense to me"." what minnow fin are you talking about"? you should have seen the look on her face.
"i heard you the first time, but thought i must have been mistaken". i heard you the second time, now i know you must be loosing your mind".
"just what do you think you heard"? she asked
you said "i see the minnow fin" "TWICE"!
what the heck is that supposed to mean?!!
she burst into laughter.
i love that after 15 years together i can still make her smile...
she said" "Dan is sick, and he asked what should he take for it...i told him.... ACETAMINOPHEN"!!
take a kid hunting and fishing!!

THWACK KILLS!!

Offline HEDHUNTER

• Outdoorsman
i think you should take it easy, look up from your bobber every 10 minutes, & leave a window in your fishhouse cracked for ventilation. oh yeah check the batteries in your co2 detector.
GULL LAKE ICE HOUSE RENTAL
S & W GUIDE SERVICE
218-820-7757
Strikemaster Augers - Otter Outdoors - Drake Waterfowl

Offline GRIZ

• Master Outdoorsman
I think it's called selective listening.

If the table leg fell off and the table went crashing to the floor and ur wife started hollaring at the dog who took out the leg ya prolly wouldn't have even noticed.

I know how ya think, you thought ya heard minnow and fins. First thing you thought of was someone was going fishing and you weren't going to let this activity go unnoticed until you'd been properly invited along.

That's the best way to put it. ;)
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first."
~Thomas Jefferson

Offline jigglestick

• Master Outdoorsman
c'mon griz, i ain't been out in five days!
cut a guy some slack.

i gotta go the wife just hollerd for me to load the fish washer.....what's a fish washer?

THWACK KILLS!!

Offline GRIZ

• Master Outdoorsman
EXACTLY- don't feel bad I'm the same way.
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first."
~Thomas Jefferson

Offline WoodChuck

• Master Outdoorsman
  • " Minnesota Outdoorsman supporter"
.  :) :-\ just read hard of hearing, been there done that. after 25 years i dont no if it gets any better. my wife wants improvements in the garden, while she was talking about wishing wells i thought she was talking about fishing wells. 
"i am not the KING FISHER , nor the fisher of men , but i am a fisherman "    membership n. 141

Offline DaveO

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Thats funny,
last yea my wife said get your gun off the soffa..

And I thought she said ,,GO BUY A NEW GUN

My wife is so cool,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,lmao
Shut up and Shoot

Offline jigglestick

• Master Outdoorsman
it had nothing to do with "get your GUN off my sofa" it was "get your buns off the sofa"
and i'm not even sure "buns" was the word she used either, but hey, if it got you a new gun, I'M ALL FOR IT  :D

THWACK KILLS!!