Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Portable Modification  (Read 2574 times)

Offline sandmannd

• Master Outdoorsman
    • Chasin' Tail Fishin
The date has been set for the 5th Annual Portable Modification Get Together!!!

When: Saturday, September 26Where: Thorne Brothers in Fridley, MN -- www.ThorneBros.com

This will be the 5th year of the portable fish house modifying party! A great way to kick-off the upcoming ice fishing season and an easy way to get together with other ice fishing die hards to talk about ice fishing when the temps are warm

Come see various modifications that other anglers have done to their fish houses. Also partake/watch modifications being done that day! Also see new product from various reps and manufacturers in attendance!

There will be seminars, free giveaways and food too!

Event seminars...

Plastics Under the Ice
Speaker: Corey Bechtold
Time: 10am

Modern Tools for Ice Anglers
Speakers: Matt Johnson and Pat Smith
Time: 12pm

Modifying Your Portable
Speaker: Chris Hanson
Time: 2pm

Also, stock up on gear as everything in Thorne Bros will be on SALE!!!

So, mark your calender for Saturday, September 26 and join in on the fun!

The Get Together lasts from 9am-5pm. So this should be an action packed day!

Lets see if MNO can't make a huge apperance at this great event!!

Hope to see a lot of you there!
Friends are like buttcheeks..........crap might separate them, but they come together in the end.

Offline kenhuntin

• Master Outdoorsman
  • FISH CHAMP#1 2010#10 2009#4 2008 colapsed 2011
I believe I will stop in there. I like to see old Pat schmooze. He is one of the masters.
A gun owner is a citizen
Those without are subjects

Offline sandmannd

• Master Outdoorsman
    • Chasin' Tail Fishin
If you do, stop and say hi. I'll have my monster portable there setup.
Friends are like buttcheeks..........crap might separate them, but they come together in the end.

Offline thunderpout

• Master Outdoorsman
I may have to hit the 2pm seminar.... We all think we have our "traps" tweeked, but its good to get ideas from others.... or maybe give them some too.... :happy1:

Offline sandmannd

• Master Outdoorsman
    • Chasin' Tail Fishin
Yea, and Hanson has done a few. Hope to see you all there!!

Offline sandmannd

• Master Outdoorsman
    • Chasin' Tail Fishin
Oh yea, this just in (well a couple of days ago and forgot to post it). Thorne Bros is moving so this entire week, everything in the store is on sale. Get up there and get stocked on some sweet gear.

Offline sandmannd

• Master Outdoorsman
    • Chasin' Tail Fishin
I don't think I saw any MWO members there, at least didn't meet any. What a great event. Great seminars, lots of venders with new products and great food. Got to sit and chat with Dave Genz for about 45 minutes. What a wealth of info that man is.

Offline JohnWester

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Kabetogama, MN
too nice of a day... I won't start thinking portables until the ice show in early December.
If a gun kills people then I can blame a pen for my misspells?

IBOT# 286 big_fish_guy

Offline thunderpout

• Master Outdoorsman
Yeah Dave's a great guy.... kind of the grand dad of modern Ice Fishing :bow:... sorry I didnt make it... got caught up in the yard work/runnin errands deal... was too far away to make the 2pm deal... yeah only hard core hard water guys will show at a september ice fishin shindig I guess...! :whistling:

Offline GRIZ

• Master Outdoorsman
Yeah Dave's a great guy.... kind of the grand dad of modern Ice Fishing :bow:... sorry I didnt make it... got caught up in the yard work/runnin errands deal... was too far away to make the 2pm deal... yeah only hard core hard water guys will show at a september ice fishin shindig I guess...! :whistling:

OH you mean to say a person can skip work and actually catch fish B4 you can drive on the water? JK
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first."
~Thomas Jefferson