Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: winter storm  (Read 1250 times)

Offline jigglestick

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Ice house rentals on Lake Winnibigosh
    • www.campjigglestick.com
this winter storm is poised to screw things up worse than last year.

I hate to say it, but I'm thinking today and tommorow might be the last good days of ice fishing until march thaw.
we have roughly a foot of ice throughout the state, with red, and lake of the woods being the exceptions at 14 inches.

now the national weather service went from saying 8-12 inches of snow, to 10-12 this morning, to now 10-12 with up to 20 inches in places. including this immediate area.

if that is the case, we will be in worse shape than last year. any body remember that one?

the ice pushing down the water coming up. slush every where until it starts to re-freeze, creating the slush traps we are all so fond of.

all we can hope for is santa does not bring us the snow. it steers clear, or breaks up or anything, as long as it doesn't hit the ground in significant ammounts.

on a lighter note, snowmobile sales should go up.
take a kid hunting and fishing!!

THWACK KILLS!!

Offline Jdrummer

• Master Outdoorsman
I have not personally had any experience with getting my truck stuck in a "slush hole" . I have had a few run ins with those refrozen snow drifts tho  :banghead:
Pratice doesn't make perfect, Perfect pratice makes perfect!

Offline Tyler Rother

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Last year we had problems with the slush holes, we had a hell of a time yanking the permanent off. Wasn't fun. Took almost 4 hours to get it 100 yards back to shore. Same as last year, so much snow up by Mille Lacs, you drill a hole, and your standing in a lake.

I don't think were going to get out of this one without a good foot or so... I just wish It wouldn't. Had hopes of dragging the permanent out this weekend. Damn it.  :scratch:

Now I may just wait. Sounds like Mille Lacs is going to get nailed too.

DH

Offline GRIZ

• Master Outdoorsman
Yea it's a real joy too just finding someone to come out there and give ya a tow as they know they will prolly end up in it too.
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first."
~Thomas Jefferson