Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: NFL moves to No Salary Cap  (Read 1508 times)

Offline MTCOMMER

• Master Outdoorsman
What does everyone think about the NFL going to the unlimited salary for next years season?

Personally, I think its a horrible idea, its going to end up just like the MLB.  Yankees, Red Sox, Mets, Phillies to the MLB are the high market teams in the NFL, like the Cowboys.   :blues brothers:  They have all the money in the world compared to the Bills and Packers.
As of now, everyone has an equal chance and I think this break in the Salary cap will be pretty bad for the league.
*** It may cause the Vikings to move to LA since we wont have the money to compete, plus we need a new stadium and we just built the Twins and Gophers stadiums (IDK how well a third will come across to my fellow Minnesotans).   :cry:

LETS HOPE IM WRONG!

Offline JoeFisherman

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
plus we need a new stadium and we just built the Twins and Gophers stadiums

OT

The Vikes seem to have done pretty well in the current stadium.  The Gopher stadium didn't seem to help the Gophers much.  Remains to be seen what impact the new Twins stadium will have on the the state of Minnesota and the Twins' performance.  Me thinks it's just going to increase the Pohlad's wealth.
« Last Edit: January 01/28/10, 10:52:34 AM by JoeFisherman »

Offline BiggA

• Master Outdoorsman
I think no salary cap is a terrible idea. It will just bring a few dynasty teams and a bunch of bad teams. Hopefully it only goes this year. On the other hand I think they need a contract that promotes performance. In my opinion no first year rookie should get million dollar contracts. There should be a league starting salary and if you prove something your first year then you can get that bigger deal.

Offline MTCOMMER

• Master Outdoorsman
@JoeFisherman

I see what you mean with the stadiums but the lease for the Metrodome, i think... in 2011 and it was made with both the Twins and the Vikings.  Now that the Twins are out of there, it will cause the Vikings to take the entire 'rent'.  So they are proposing a new stadium. There is alot of politics involved, but there have been talks about a new stadium, keeping the old one, moving to LA.  WHO KNOWS!  I guess we will have to see how it works out.  But personally I like the Metrodome, its great, loud and cheap!

@ BiggA

I think there should be rules about that for rookies, I believe its the NBA that has a set amount of pay for certain draft picks.  ex. the 1st - 5th pick cannot make more than XX,XXX amount the first year.  There definitely should be something like that, less money to the greedy rookies who think they are tough  :censored:.  Until they prove themselves, then they can get a nice contract.
Only a few of the owners want the no Salaray cap and most of the players do, cause that means more money.  Im hoping it only stays for one year too, but who knows! 

No Salary cap ruined the MLB, lets hope it doesnt ruin the NFL!  **Fingers crossed**

Offline thunderpout

• Master Outdoorsman
I dont think not having a salary cap ruined MLB... If it did, the Yankees or the Dodgers would win it all every year.... $$$ may buy you the best players, but it doesnt always get you the best team, The Twins are the poster boys for that arguement... But I have a feeling its gonna affect the NFL in a different way, The NFL is a different animal, I think....  Whoever can buy the top QB will have alot going for them... teams will have to start offering partial ownership to their QB's to get them on their teams if they arent a team on the east or west coast, or Dallas... God I hate Jerry Jones!!!!! :banghead: :puke: