Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: can i get my boat to pool 4  (Read 2780 times)

Offline burky

• Outdoorsman
 im going to pool 4 in the morning is the river wide open and is the ramp in WI open and most of all are the fish biting.

Offline JohnWester

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Kabetogama, MN
yes, you can... the island should be open.  there were about 5-6 boats out there today during lunch time when I went walking around Baypoint park.  Didn't see anyone catch anything, and they didn't stay long in one spot. Moving around a lot, so that tells me that the fish aren't biting yet.  It's a little too early I think.  River is still way down... I'd give it another week or so. 

Make sure to report back how you do.
If a gun kills people then I can blame a pen for my misspells?

IBOT# 286 big_fish_guy

Offline JohnWester

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Kabetogama, MN
a good dozen boats out there today... didn't see anyone catch anything.  they where still moving around a lot.  A guy here at work said a 13 pounder was caught a few nights ago... this was after dark.  move around until you can find them.  jig and a minnow... bouncing the bottom or lindy rig.
If a gun kills people then I can blame a pen for my misspells?

IBOT# 286 big_fish_guy

Offline burky

• Outdoorsman
got my boat in at everets on the wi side of river on wed the 5th caught 25 to 35 walleyes and saugers 5 keeper walleyes.  all the saugers were in 44 to 60 feet of water next to the dam.  went back on friday and caught less fish but where going for bigger walleyes.  about noon were getting ready to go and my buddy asked if i ever put the underwater camera down to see all the fish.  I replied no so he put it down and was like walleye sauger walleye walleye so i had to take a look and there where fish everywhere in one two yard drift i seen 100 plus walleye and saugers.  give it a try i would have never had done it I'm glad we did.   

Offline Jdrummer

• Master Outdoorsman
id like to be there when all those fish wanna eat  :fishing2:
Pratice doesn't make perfect, Perfect pratice makes perfect!