Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Finally got out today!  (Read 3738 times)

Offline Jdrummer

• Master Outdoorsman
Mike and I had the day "off" of work and we tried a few lakes in the area to see if the fish have started to stage in some previous spots like last few years. Well long story short they were not there.  :rotflmao: I ended up throwing a blade off of mike lazer bit and the hardware store in Madison lake didnt have the right size to replace it. I had to call a buddy and borrow his bit for the rest of the day  :doah: We ended up on my spot on duck and hammered the fish. first spot was ok but the numbers and size of the fish on " my " spot were way better !  :woot: mike pulled a few nice crappies for duck lake and  a few real nice sunnies . Today was the only day this year that we were able to keep any sunnies. We will have a early summer Get to gether planned for Duck lake , Mikes dad has a cabin on the lake and we willbe working out the details. Mike went to collage for being a chef or whatever he wants to call it so you all know the food will be the best! Mike will post some pics later I think? :scratch:
Pratice doesn't make perfect, Perfect pratice makes perfect!

Offline 7outof10

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
here you go drummer

Offline MTCOMMER

• Master Outdoorsman
Thats a nice looking mess of fish!  Better late then never, Ive just about given up on pan fishing.  I was in the same boat was you, no sunnies big enough to keep all winter!  I may try tomorrow as my last time out for the year, but we will see
Congrats on the catch!  Too bad you didnt go to 'your' spot first, then that pile would have been a little bigger  :happy1:

Offline 7outof10

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
now drummer I kow you are the man ! I guess I should have listened to you the first time  :rotflmao:
« Last Edit: March 03/04/10, 04:41:52 PM by Jdrummer »

Offline Jdrummer

• Master Outdoorsman
Matt, Don't get me wrong, I have hammered the nice gills this year again but This duck lake has stunting issues. In the panies that is  ;D If you come up to our early summer Get To Gether this year this is the lake we will be on plus a few different ones depending on weather and "hang overs" we might have  :happy1:

Offline MTCOMMER

• Master Outdoorsman
hahha, Ill definitely have to stay in the loop about that Get Together.
I was looking at Lake Finder for Duck Lake and it looks like there are tons of Bluegills, but yes, you are right, they are pretty small.  Looks pretty good for Pike too!
PERSONALLY, I want to catch that 30+ inch Buffalo, if its still alive from 2006 it will be huge!  :happy1:  That will be my Catfish Hunter (or Buffalo Hunter)!

Offline 7outof10

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
yes matt there is some very good pike in duck its a right place right time thing to really geting them good you can boat 3-5 an hour

Offline 7outof10

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
now drummer I kow you are the man ! I guess I should have listened to you the first time  :rotflmao:

i like it drummer when you have to change my post just to make your feal good about your self .......

Offline 7outof10

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
here is what happend last year at the g2g this was takeing at a 7:30 in the morning

:tequila; :toast:

Offline Jdrummer

• Master Outdoorsman
Also lots of real nice bass!