Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: The big ? for this weekend  (Read 3300 times)

Offline Wack n Stack

• Outdoorsman
With the weather looking to be a little warm again................

Does a guy hunt ducks in his favorite t- shirt?

Does a guy sit in his treestand and hope the deer are not bedded?

Or does a guy head out to his favorite lake?

So many choices this time of year it is hard to make a choice that is not good..........

I have hammered the locals flying around and the geese are still pretty stupid.

I have seen some baskets nothing major.

And I have been knocking the bass dead on WBL

I think this good be a good start to a fine country song  :laugh:
"Whack 'em, stack 'em and pack 'em."

Ted Nugent

Offline ScottPugh

• Master Outdoorsman
If I had the choice (being it's full moon) I would head to the lake, kick back, toss on the kicker motor and troll for those monster walleye's.  But someone had to pick October 8th for our wedding day, so I will be up north celebrating our 1 year...  Oh well at least she loves to walk in the woods, so I will be scouting for deer and grouse.

Good luck

Offline Snowsnake

• Outdoorsman
If I had the choice (being it's full moon) I would head to the lake, kick back, toss on the kicker motor and troll for those monster walleye's.? But someone had to pick October 8th for our wedding day, so I will be up north celebrating our 1 year...? Oh well at least she loves to walk in the woods, so I will be scouting for deer and grouse.

Good luck

Scouting for grouse?????????? why not put a gun in her hand and let her have a wack at some grouse. It would be good for the dog to get out with ya too

Offline ScottPugh

• Master Outdoorsman

Scouting for grouse?????????? why not put a gun in her hand and let her have a wack at some grouse. It would be good for the dog to get out with ya too

She likes the finished product, she doesn't want to know what goes on before it get's on the table.  The DOG???  She is worthless, maybe I will just carry some rocks in my pocket.   ;)

Offline Snowsnake

• Outdoorsman
The dog is worthless cuz you think she is worthless let her have some fun and maybe if you actully kill a bird with her around she might figure out whats going on

Offline ScottPugh

• Master Outdoorsman
The dog is worthless cuz you think she is worthless let her have some fun and maybe if you actully kill a bird with her around she might figure out whats going on

Talk to the wife on that one...  ::)  I wasn't into birds when we got her so she became a house dog.  Heck she is afraid of thunderstroms, so you think she is a godo gun dog?   ;D

PS - You got that file I sent to you last week didn't you?  E-mail me.

Offline vickieschessies

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
I wasn't into birds when we got her so she became a house dog.  Heck she is afraid of thunderstroms

Just because she is afraid of thunderstoms does not mean she's afaid of guns. I had a male chessy scared to-death of storms and the minute you took the gun out he would beat you to the door to go hunting. As for being a house dog. I wouldn't have it any other way!!!! and all my dogs hunt ;)

Give it a try you just never know.
Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea. -Robert A. Heinlein
                   MNO Prefered sponsors

http://www.fawkinnae.com

Offline ScottPugh

• Master Outdoorsman

Give it a try you just never know.

I did last year.  She has gotten better since she understands that it isn't there to hurt her, also helps we had my cousins dog along.