Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Garden  (Read 5092 times)

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
Well I filled up the truck with some Turkey manure the other day and got it tilled into the garden.  It sure smells like success. 
Eastwood v. Wayne Challenge Winner 2011

The Boogie Man may check his closet for John Wayne but John Wayne checks under his bed for Clint Eastwood

Offline thunderpout

• Master Outdoorsman
Gen... is that better than cow or sheep manure? (it sounds alot smellier) Ive always used composted cow manure...

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
I'm by far no expert but I was told Turkey or Chicken manure is the best their is. 

The Boogie Man may check his closet for John Wayne but John Wayne checks under his bed for Clint Eastwood

Offline thunderpout

• Master Outdoorsman
Where did you get yours from?  (please dont say turkeys ;))

Offline Woody

• Master Outdoorsman
Turkey manure is widely used on golf courses for it's nutrients.  And it doesn't smell as bad as one would think.  Well it does if it's fresh.

I'm tempted to try Kenhuntin's idea of printing certains pages of this site and burying them in the garden.   ;D  :whistling:
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not. ~Thomas Jefferson

Got Freedom? Thank a Vet!!!
www.fawkinnae.com
www.atijigs.com

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
Where did you get yours from?  (please dont say turkeys ;))

I got it from a local Turkey farmer.

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King

I'm tempted to try Kenhuntin's idea of printing certains pages of this site and burying them in the garden.   ;D  :whistling:

No wonder you and Ken can't even grow Dandelions.... :rotflmao:

Offline Mayfly

• Master Outdoorsman
    • MNO
Actually....... Guano is the best there is. Bat Guano that is. Good luck though, its pretty expensive.

Offline Mayfly

• Master Outdoorsman
    • MNO
Actually....... Guano is the best there is. Bat Guano that is. Good luck though, its pretty expensive.

Well maybe not the best but its good.  :happy1:

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2008-2011-2018-2019 2020 Fish Challenge Champ!
    • Lee's Lake Geneva Guide Service

Well maybe not the best but its good.  :happy1:

Now let me think :scratch:.... oh yes now I remember. :doah:

The ideal type of guano is found in exceptionally dry climates, as rainwater drains the guano of nitrates. Guano is harvested on various islands in the Pacific Ocean (for example, the Chincha Islands) and in other oceans (for example, Juan de Nova Island and Christmas Island). These islands have been home to mass seabird colonies for many centuries, and the guano has collected to a depth of many metres. In the 19th century, Peru was famous for its supply of guano.

The Answer Man :whistling:

Proud Member of the CWCS.
http://www.cwcs.org

Member of Walleyes For Tomorrow.
www.walleyesfortomorrow.org

Many BWCA Reports
http://leeslakegenevaguideservice.com/boundry_%2712.htm

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King

Ace Ventura'd

Offline kenhuntin

• Master Outdoorsman
  • FISH CHAMP#1 2010#10 2009#4 2008 colapsed 2011
Being as you all are experts in my eye can one of you explain to me why bat sh88 is referred to as guano but every other living organism sh88s?
A gun owner is a citizen
Those without are subjects

Offline kenhuntin

• Master Outdoorsman
  • FISH CHAMP#1 2010#10 2009#4 2008 colapsed 2011

No wonder you and Ken can't even grow Dandelions.... :rotflmao:
I beg to differ Herr General, I have the best crop of dandelion in the neighborhood growing from my home penncross seeded golf green in the front yard.
A gun owner is a citizen
Those without are subjects

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
Very good question Ken.  But I think it's to perplex for the likes of the people around here (but I'm sure "The Answer Man" can bs some answer).  I know it is for me. :happy1:

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2008-2011-2018-2019 2020 Fish Challenge Champ!
    • Lee's Lake Geneva Guide Service
Being as you all are experts in my eye can one of you explain to me why bat sh88 is referred to as guano but every other living organism sh88s?

:reporter;
The word "guano" originates from the Quichua language of the Inca civilization and means "the droppings of sea birds". :popcorn:

Didn't you ever here someone say "I've got to go take a guano!" :rotflmao:
« Last Edit: March 03/31/10, 11:53:39 PM by Lee Borgersen »
Proud Member of the CWCS.
http://www.cwcs.org

Member of Walleyes For Tomorrow.
www.walleyesfortomorrow.org

Many BWCA Reports
http://leeslakegenevaguideservice.com/boundry_%2712.htm

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King

:reporter;
The word "guano" originates from the Quichua language of the Inca civilization and means "the droppings of sea birds". :popcorn:

Didn't you ever here someone say "I've got to go take a guano!" :rotflmao:

I've never heard such bull guano!