Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Summary of march!  (Read 1951 times)

Offline Jdrummer

• Master Outdoorsman
Well, no computer = no posts  :cry: I made a trip to the sister house to make this one.
We have taken a total of 4 trips to pool 4 this year and every trip gets better and better. the bite has been solid on just about any color or presentation. But when a cold front rolls through or there is alot of pressure in one area only a few things really worked. pressure goes up you had to down size on teh jig or hook to get them to bite. At the end of the last trip ( the wednesday when it was 80 degrees) the bite on gulp alive! minnows was on like Donkey Kong! big and hard hits, Even with all the high water the fishing was great and the catching was even better! :fishing2: The last trip we made we had to launch out of bay view or bay point (?) park. run up to Evertts for bait . As we came idelin out of the bay I was asking they guys in the boat where the no wake zone ended, I thought I was up stream far enough so I started to kick on the other cylinders when one hollared and pointed the bouy out , I quickly came off of 3/4 plane and at that split second the lower unit slammed into a big submerged log! no damage thankfuly.Here is some pics for those of you who didn't take up my open seat offer! :rotflmao:

3 man limit from the sunday trip
Pratice doesn't make perfect, Perfect pratice makes perfect!

Offline Jdrummer

• Master Outdoorsman
The last pic has the fish from saturday also, we had all the liscences and possesion limits within the law , so dont freak out cause there is more than 18 there.

Offline Jdrummer

• Master Outdoorsman
Last day of march!

Some body say steak?

Great way to finish up the day with a sun burn and this 28"er!

Good start to the morning? talk about spot on the spot! fish was caught in teh first 5 minutes

Offline MTCOMMER

• Master Outdoorsman
YOU GOTTA QUIT GOING ON WEDNESDAYS! 
A couple of us are heading somewhere on the river this weekend if weather permits - Maybe Red Wing or Lake City or Wabasha.
You going out again this week/weekend?