Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: first morel of the season  (Read 1936 times)

Offline dakids

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2013 MNO Fishing Challenge Champ!
Just got back from a lunchtime excursion.  I found about a dozen of the tiniest greys that I have ever seen.  One was smaller than my thumbnail.  I didn't pick them.yet.  Going to let them reach full maturity :whistling:   If they don't get bigger by tomorrow I will take them out of the herd because I don't want the bad genetics reproducing. :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
Anything that is free is worth saving up for.

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Cool.  I was out in the woods yesterday.  I didn't look for morels but did see some marsh marigolds starting to bloom.  Usually they are in full bloom when the morrels show up.  The trillium are just pushing up leaves so we have a way to go yet.
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline HUNTER2

• Master Outdoorsman
I would try to look for them but, I would probably pick some poisonous ones.
HUNT & FISH TELL YA DROP
I.B.O.T.'s 249 & 250
 Handle every stressful situation like a dog.  If
                        you can't eat it or hump it.

Piss on it and walk away

Offline Big E

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Guessing you found these in the metro?
Let the small bucks walk. Don't assume the neighbors will shoot them if you don't. If you shoot him what chance does that buck have to grow......ZERO!

Offline dakids

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2013 MNO Fishing Challenge Champ!
The spot is in the metro and usually will have shrooms about 5 days earlier than most of my other spots.
Anything that is free is worth saving up for.